Page 43 of 118 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    Mads had "rock in line" but still hit it. It's on the road, not on a cut.
    Yes he hit it but less seriously than Tanak, he had it in the notes and could avoid it, if you watch Latvala and Sordo they completely avoid it just by driving a bit more left. Somebody understand Finnish to hear anything in notes? (Sordo sound doesnt work)

I stand by my yesterdays comment that it's in the end more of a drivers fault than cars fault. Neuvilles car does basically the same thing the Citroens did there, he just a get a little bit more lucky. Blame I20 for it?

EDIT: Btw. Ogier brakes just before that rock and then lifts from the brake just before impact. Coincidence? Seen it in last moment or notes? Meeke brakes into the rock.

Similarly the Day 1 highlights have a different view of Ogier at that bump 40s after start of SS2. I don't understand French but he clearly slows down and adjusts the line just before. Breen and Meeke go almost completely full throttle, similarly with many of the other drivers that had a moment there.

To me on SS2 that's going too fast for the conditions at that particular spot, not cars fault. In SS4 it's both recce mistake (since Ostberg has it) and too agressive line. Though yes the Fords seems to have a "softer" reaction to that than C3 and I20 when they hit it.
    Last edited by mknight; 29th April 2017 at 09:24.

Liked 1,446 Times in 828 Posts
    so after day 1, we had 2 Hyundai's & 2 Citroen's out of the rally, perhaps Hayden can still get a descent result...let's hope day 2 clears well for the crews.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

Captured by | Jaanus Ree

4. Likes: bluuford (29th April 2017),KKS (29th April 2017)
    Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    Too fast there, cut too much, after the bump the car continued straight, couldn't take the next left corner and rolled. If the speed was less probably that wouldn't happen despite the bump. BTW Breen's gearbox issue appeared on the very same place.
    solely blaming driver for error is a little harsh. You say 'cut too much', I don't know if you've seen external footage, but from onboard it looks as though kris' car was very much on the road, a cut is where one or more wheels are off the road and on grass verge, or whatever might be there.
    Yes, compressions can be put in notes on recce, but as recce is carried out in different car at lower speed it must be difficult to judge what effect it will have at race pace.

6. Likes: AndyRAC (29th April 2017)
    Other drivers have avoided the rock/compression. Østberg even had it in notes.

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    solely blaming driver for error is a little harsh. You say 'cut too much', I don't know if you've seen external footage, but from onboard it looks as though kris' car was very much on the road, a cut is where one or more wheels are off the road and on grass verge, or whatever might be there.
    Yes, compressions can be put in notes on recce, but as recce is carried out in different car at lower speed it must be difficult to judge what effect it will have at race pace.
    Read my second sentence. I don't blame the cutting solely either. It is combination of things went wrong.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

9. Likes: mknight (29th April 2017)
    Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    The logic of some people on this forum baffles me
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    The logic of some people on this forum baffles me
    You shouldn't expect logic on internet forums, its against the rules!

12. Likes: dimviii (29th April 2017),SubaruNorway (29th April 2017)
    Check out 1:30 on Meeke's SS4. Careful line choice that is.

Sure the off was not 100% driver error. But the amount of apologizing and blaming the car for every problem Meeke has is too damn high.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Check out 1:30 on Meeke's SS4. Careful line choice that is.

Sure the off was not 100% driver error. But the amount of apologizing and blaming the car for every problem Meeke has is too damn high.
    This is not what we expected but fortunately this rarely happens. Our two cars, on a compression, had a heavy impact on the crankcase protector. We have to look at why we had such a strong impact there because we had not seen that it would be so impacting during the reconnaissance. But it's neither the fault of Kris Meeke nor that of Craig Breen, "said Yves Matton on the microphone of Olivier Gaspard, special envoy of the RTBF in Argentina.