Threaded View

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    Mads had "rock in line" but still hit it. It's on the road, not on a cut.
    Yes he hit it but less seriously than Tanak, he had it in the notes and could avoid it, if you watch Latvala and Sordo they completely avoid it just by driving a bit more left. Somebody understand Finnish to hear anything in notes? (Sordo sound doesnt work)

I stand by my yesterdays comment that it's in the end more of a drivers fault than cars fault. Neuvilles car does basically the same thing the Citroens did there, he just a get a little bit more lucky. Blame I20 for it?

EDIT: Btw. Ogier brakes just before that rock and then lifts from the brake just before impact. Coincidence? Seen it in last moment or notes? Meeke brakes into the rock.

Similarly the Day 1 highlights have a different view of Ogier at that bump 40s after start of SS2. I don't understand French but he clearly slows down and adjusts the line just before. Breen and Meeke go almost completely full throttle, similarly with many of the other drivers that had a moment there.

To me on SS2 that's going too fast for the conditions at that particular spot, not cars fault. In SS4 it's both recce mistake (since Ostberg has it) and too agressive line. Though yes the Fords seems to have a "softer" reaction to that than C3 and I20 when they hit it.
    Last edited by mknight; 29th April 2017 at 08:24.