Page 79 of 118 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,483 Times in 845 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bassist View Post
    i said i wasn't going to watch Kris for the remainder of the season. Such a bloody shame again- looks like they were both ok though. If he's out of contract at the end of this season, unfortunately I think it's 'party over'.
    Anyone predict any national UK hotshots coming behind these boys?
    Craig Breen if he can get his car intact for the remainder of the season.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 1,885 Times in 738 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A FONDO View Post
    They truly deserve all that misery after they expelled Ogier.
    I think Ogier showed himself the door when he says it's justice in the sport when his team mate has a puncture
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

3. Likes: KKS (30th April 2017),steve.mandzij (30th April 2017)
    Liked 76 Times in 38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Craig Breen if he can get his car intact for the remainder of the season.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    I meant those outside the ranks of WRC currently.eg someone like Osian Pryce.

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Agree, but it again goes down to november last year. Link to the comments at that time:
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report...818.1478205931

Matton told Autosport: "I have the driver line-up for next year."

"All I will say is that if Sebastien Ogier gives me a call I will answer and we will have a chat, but there's no question about changing my driver line-up for next season."

"I would not say I would not take the call from Jari-Matti Latvala or Andreas Mikkelsen, of course I will - I am a polite guy!

"But the story is different for them: they are not French and they don't have the world title."
    this sounded so EGO to me back then and sounds even more now and man how it hurts them...they should have cancelled Lefebvres contract and got Latvala or Mikkelsen...

Meeke will never get consistent, he just doesnt seem to learn but at least he is fast. Already before the rally he told Becsy in an interview that he will go flat out and i was like this isnt ending well. This isnt a rally where you go flat out all the time and now to crash 2 times in a rally.

Breen is great talent and future and he is rightfully in the team.

But they need someone instead of Lefebvre and they need someone fast.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

6. Likes: AL14 (30th April 2017),steve.mandzij (30th April 2017),WUff1 (30th April 2017)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    this sounded so EGO to me back then and sounds even more now and man how it hurts them...they should have cancelled Lefebvres contract and got Latvala or Mikkelsen...

Meeke will never get consistent, he just doesnt seem to learn but at least he is fast. Already before the rally he told Becsy in an interview that he will go flat out and i was like this isnt ending well. This isnt a rally where you go flat out all the time and now to crash 2 times in a rally.

AAAhh the french... if they were not french they would be awesome!
    (just kidding french friends Matton is belgian)

8. Likes: abxyz (30th April 2017)
    Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    I was almost as much shocked about the part where he is not really that interested in Ogier.

Anyway at that point Breen and Lefevbre seemed pretty evenly matched.

Liked 145 Times in 88 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post

I totaly agree whit your post.

Lefebvre out, Mikkelsen in. Breen getting more expieriance for all wrc rounds, could mean he'll be a victory contender in 2018.

I think Neuville can be as fast as Meeke (was in the past) here in Argentinia, but he's doing whats needed here it seems. Driving fast, but not on the limit, would be cool if he can win this one! (Evans would be a great winner also)

11. Likes: EstWRC (30th April 2017)
    Liked 11,156 Times in 4,430 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    To be fair... They haven't really had a great driver for a while. Loeb left and they only got Hirvonen who was on his way out both in form and in sprit.
    They chose their drivers themselves And it's all fair to blame their management for bringing the team to the situation in which it is now.

13. Likes: pantealex (30th April 2017),Rallyper (30th April 2017)
    Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Agree, but it again goes down to november last year. Link to the comments at that time:
    http://www.autosport.com/news/report...818.1478205931

Matton told Autosport: "I have the driver line-up for next year."

"All I will say is that if Sebastien Ogier gives me a call I will answer and we will have a chat, but there's no question about changing my driver line-up for next season."

"I would not say I would not take the call from Jari-Matti Latvala or Andreas Mikkelsen, of course I will - I am a polite guy!

"But the story is different for them: they are not French and they don't have the world title."
    These comments don't look great with the benefit of hindsight. To Matton's credit I'd prefer he was loyal to his contracted drivers. To sign them up on two-year deals and immediately bin one of them off to accommodate Ogier might have made cold business sense - but sometimes you need to be about more than that. For sure he'd have been criticised if he'd done that too. So you can't win.

Only real criticism you can aim to Citroen is not taking a Suninen or a Tidemand at the time. Or fighting harder for Lappi and Evans. Maybe two-year deals for Breen/Lefebvre were over generous? Time will tell. But from then on Citroen were scrambling to sort out three cars (again their conservative mistake). Then you have a rich backer who wants a shot in the fourth car when it arrives (Al Qassimi). Difficult situation for them.

Also difficult to defend Meeke. He's raised his level but the crashes have remained. All I'll say is Citroen's general situation would have been a lot worse if not for him, his speed and his wins.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 16,097 Times in 6,986 Posts

16. Likes: A FONDO (30th April 2017),abxyz (30th April 2017),aykutbilir (30th April 2017),bassist (30th April 2017),bluuford (30th April 2017),cali (30th April 2017),eib1 (30th April 2017),EstWRC (30th April 2017),GravelBen (30th April 2017),KKS (30th April 2017),Mirek (30th April 2017),NickRally (30th April 2017),pantealex (30th April 2017),Rallyper (30th April 2017),seb_sh (30th April 2017),stefanvv (30th April 2017),the sniper (30th April 2017),timlord22 (30th April 2017),WUff1 (30th April 2017)