Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts

Its been a while

Hi all.
    haven't been around much lately (nearly a year), not sure if any of my old friends are still posting - here's hoping.
    Been snowed under with my degree work, funny how time seems to disappear when your busy with things. Always mean to visit, but it hasn't quite worked out that way. On top of all that father has been unwell and my concerns have been with him.
    Hopefully I can catch up with those of you I know, and those new members who I haven't met yey.

Hope everyone is well

Andrew H.

Liked 660 Times in 460 Posts
    The forums in general have slowed way, way down from the days we couldn't keep track of who was here. I think all the other social media combined with life in general just burns people out and they limit online forum time. Like yourself I go in waves where I just don't find the time and have other life priorities.

Maybe we should start a "Whatever happened to?" thread and test the forum members on how far they remember back. Every now and then one of the longer term people shows up.

Glad to hear all is well.

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    Good to hear from you..yes it's slow here, I rarely visit even the F1 section thesedays but do keep an eye here....I haven't even watched all the races with the timezones now screwed up for me plus the dull Merc domination.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    The forums in general have slowed way, way down from the days we couldn't keep track of who was here. I think all the other social media combined with life in general just burns people out and they limit online forum time. Like yourself I go in waves where I just don't find the time and have other life priorities.

Maybe we should start a "Whatever happened to?" thread and test the forum members on how far they remember back. Every now and then one of the longer term people shows up.

Glad to hear all is well.

I started one of those a couple of years ago.

I will see if I can find it.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    I started one of those a couple of years ago.

I will see if I can find it.
    It was nice to have fun discussions with people of opposing viewpoints, but seems they have all gone away.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    It was nice to have fun discussions with people of opposing viewpoints, but seems they have all gone away.
    It was. Back when we were all young. Back when the grass was greener and the trees were taller.

As much as I used to clash with AnthonyVop, when I asked a question a few weeks back about where to stay in Daytona on another board, he offered me some help. And I appreciated that.

On the old 7th Gear board and here, I had some run-ins (and some good times) with a fellow named Hoop98. He was a passionate and knowledgeable racer and race fan. We just had a clash of egos from time to time. I don't know what happened to him. But I wish him well, if he's still around.

I get somewhat nostalgic and down when I think about how many of the people that used to post here and other places are no longer among the living... or just don't post anymore. So I'd like to wish peace and good times to all. Like someone once told me, make your peace while you have the chance... it's later than you think.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

7. Likes: Koz (4th January 2017)
    Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    On the old 7th Gear board and here, I had some run-ins (and some good times) with a fellow named Hoop98. He was a passionate and knowledgeable racer and race fan. We just had a clash of egos from time to time. I don't know what happened to him. But I wish him well, if he's still around.

I get somewhat nostalgic and down when I think about how many of the people that used to post here and other places are no longer among the living... or just don't post anymore. So I'd like to wish peace and good times to all. Like someone once told me, make your peace while you have the chance... it's later than you think.
    If I remember correctly. Hoop98 was at the OWR board when it first got started. I haven't been there in a long while now so don't know if he's still active or not.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I lurk now and then , but don't seem to find F1 interesting enough to post.

Guess you can say that I'm an ex-formula 1 fan.
    Kimi :beer: Motorcycle racing :up:
    Look How Bad you Are :cheese:

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    hey harsha!

maybe next year will be better, it happened to me this year too...
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    I used to be really into racing on farmland but now I just blow smoke out the window....

I guess I'm an ex-tractor fan
    United in diversity !!!