Page 94 of 136 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Shouldn´t Lefebvre and Bertelli sweep the road as well?
    Not according to the 2017 regs no.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Bit much to judge after one 'normal' event, but maybe too much testing on Finn-type roads which only make up two or three events of the calendar?.
    Maybe, for sure different kind of gravel compared to other rallies,with no sweep effect like Mexico.

Will be interesting to see how things go in Corsica and Portugal, although we should remember the performance here was probably what we all expected before the season started and they rather exceeded our expectations on the first two rounds.
    ok we didn't expect to shine,due to start position,but here we had differences from 0,8 sec/km to 1,3 sec/km which are huge,even at 2nd pass with much more clear roads.
    imho there wasn't problem with less engine power compared to fiesta/c3/i20.
    If you watch at stage el Brinco they were close to other cars.This stage was with wide roads and high speed corners.
    So at a stage that they hadn't got to steer a lot,or with plenty of tight corners,they were closer to other cars.Of course if they were down to power vs other cars,they couldn't come closer to faster crews.
    Also we have to think that its the first rally that car is ''right'' with homologation.We don't know how much this have affect their slow times(rear suspension 1,5cm smaller distance from top mount to lower mounting point)
    Strange too that we didn't hear at day 2 stage ends interviews.specially Latvala to complain about something specifically. Everything was ok (Hanninen also) and suddenly ''they were just trying setups''
    Of course when you are so back at position,you are going to try different setups for future references,but didn't understand what was the problem of slow times.
    I d like to hear your opinions.
    Last edited by dimviii; 12th March 2017 at 10:58.

3. Likes: A FONDO (12th March 2017)
    Liked 56 Times in 30 Posts
    What is the rule ?
    How can mechanics fix a car outside the service ?

https://twitter.com/fuckmatie37/stat...36376466972673
    http://wrc.is.free.fr

Liked 11,151 Times in 4,427 Posts
    So out of 15 stages there were 8 superspecials. Now only 2 stages to go. Nice...
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

6. Likes: dimviii (12th March 2017),EstWRC (12th March 2017),Rallyper (12th March 2017),RS (12th March 2017),steve.mandzij (12th March 2017)
    Liked 34 Times in 18 Posts
    to traxx: I think it is possible only to change broken windscreen in Parc Ferme, nothing else.

8. Likes: traxx (12th March 2017)
    Liked 1,131 Times in 605 Posts
    i always wondered how they attach those windscreens.

Quotes:
    Tommi Mäkinen (Team principal)
    “Our engineers and mechanics did a great job to sort out the overheating problems we experienced yesterday, so thank you to them for this. The cars were good today, no problems and no repeat of the issue: the only thing for the drivers was outside factors such as tyre choices, a puncture and in Juho’s case, not feeling well. It’s really not been easy for him so he has done very well. Jari-Matti too has extracted the maximum possible today. Tomorrow, our goal is to score driver and manufacturer points with both cars. Considering everything, I am happy with how the rally has gone so far.”
    Jari-Matti Latvala (Driver car 10)
    ”We’ve been managing the car and our situation today and that has worked well for us. The only mistake we made is choosing the wrong tyre: we were actually expecting rain, then it didn't happen, so we ended up running on a tyre that was too soft, which gave us a lot of wear. The team found a solution to the overheating problems that were affecting us yesterday, which meant that we were gradually able to increase the power throughout the day. On the final day tomorrow, our aim is to defend our position and score some points: especially on the Power Stage.”
    Juho Hänninen (Driver car 11)
    ”We did what we could today. Like Jari-Matti, our tyre choice was a bit too soft. Also I wasn’t feeling so well: it’s hard to know how much that affected me, but this afternoon was little better. Generally it was OK on the stages but it felt worse after I stopped. The car felt very good: thank you to the engineers and mechanics for fixing the problem we had yesterday so efficiently. Today we did a lot of valuable mileage, which means that we can be much better in future in these types of conditions.”

http://toyotagazooracing.com/release...rd03-day3.html

11. Likes: gorganl2000 (12th March 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    i always wondered how they attach those windscreens.
    with special glue for automotive windscreens.

13. Likes: Rally Power (12th March 2017)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Bit much to judge after one 'normal' event, but maybe too much testing on Finn-type roads which only make up two or three events of the calendar?
    Come on guys…apart Citroen all cars were affected by Mexico conditions. The Yaris seems to be the most affected, but we already know the car is competitive.

Btw, no doubt Meeke should be congratulated for his driving (fingers crossed!) but Citroen engineers work must also be noticed. It’d be nice to see the "always ready to condemn" fans (the same that recently call Citroen a ‘disgrace’) give the French manu staff a praising word!
    Rally addict since 1982

15. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (12th March 2017),Simmi (12th March 2017),steve.mandzij (12th March 2017)
    Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Medved View Post
    to traxx: I think it is possible only to change broken windscreen in Parc Ferme, nothing else.
    It is almost always allowed to change windscreen by mechanics between the stages and outside service area, due to safety reason, pure safety aspect.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

17. Likes: traxx (12th March 2017)