Page 63 of 136 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113 ... LastLast
Results 621 to 630 of 1358
  1. #621
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    128
    Like
    652
    Liked 45 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    What happened to Toyota ? no more fluke results for them on proper rallies ? oooooohhh that is sad.

    Lets see if Neuville can win this.
    Actually, common mechanical issues due to the rough Mexican conditions. It's to be expected from a brand new team, entering in brand new regulations, with little high altitude and high temperature testing, one would reckon. Simple minds like yours would attribute their results to luck, but why waste our time trying to convince you otherwise, kid?

  2. Likes: itix (11th March 2017),KKS (11th March 2017),skarderud (11th March 2017)
  3. #622
    Senior Member EstWRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Estonia
    Posts
    2,332
    Like
    881
    Liked 1,610 Times in 752 Posts
    so Ogier just 20 secs down from Meeke despite the problems and starting position, my money is on him to win
    Tšnak: "Better than I expected. Lots of sideways - and we enjoy that."

  4. Likes: Andre Oliveira (11th March 2017)
  5. #623
    친애하는 지도자 N.O.T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    19,288
    Like
    287
    Liked 1,564 Times in 783 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    Actually, common mechanical issues due to the rough Mexican conditions. It's to be expected from a brand new team, entering in brand new regulations, with little high altitude and high temperature testing, one would reckon. Simple minds like yours would attribute their results to luck, but why waste our time trying to convince you otherwise, kid?
    so a fluke result on special events is a great success and proof that they are not garbage but when they flop due to amateurs in the team its expected because they are a new team.

    We are talking toyota here not some 3rd party manufacturer of dog food.

    how many times VW had problems on their first year ?
    Last edited by N.O.T; 11th March 2017 at 05:55.
    The North Will Rise Again

  6. Likes: A FONDO (11th March 2017)
  7. #624
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    128
    Like
    652
    Liked 45 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    so a fluke result on special events is a great success and proof that they are not garbage but when they flop due to amateurs in the team its expect because they are a new team.

    We are talking toyota here not some 3rd party manufacturer of dog food.

    how many times VW had problems on their first year ?
    VW was the exception to the rule. How long did Hyundai take to make a competitive car?

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  8. #625
    친애하는 지도자 N.O.T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    19,288
    Like
    287
    Liked 1,564 Times in 783 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steve.mandzij View Post
    VW was the exception to the rule. How long did Hyundai take to make a competitive car?

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
    I think when it comes to manufacturers Toyota should be compared to VW not Hyundai... Hyundai is nothing compared to toyota from every point of view.

    but that is what you get when you hire nationalistic amateurs to run a team.

    The rally is still long though, meeke and neuville can very easily throw everything away.
    The North Will Rise Again

  9. #626
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    128
    Like
    652
    Liked 45 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    I think when it comes to manufacturers Toyota should be compared to VW not Hyundai... Hyundai is nothing compared to toyota from every point of view.

    but that is what you get when you hire nationalistic amateurs to run a team.

    The rally is still long though, meeke and neuville can very easily throw everything away.
    VW still is a special case. Also keep in mind that they dedicated the entire team to WRC. As far as I know TGR is also involved in WEC. A win on their second event is nothing short of spectacular. Had Loeb not crashed in MC in 2013 VW wouldn't have won. Fair enough, maybe the same can be said for Sweden, but still. After their results so far it's extremelyunfair to call them an amateur nationalistic village team. They're clearly serious and surprisingly diverse.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  10. #627
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    69
    Like
    47
    Liked 128 Times in 43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    What happened to Toyota ? no more fluke results for them on proper rallies ? oooooohhh that is sad.
    Last time I checked both of their cars were running, 4th and 8th, after some 80+ kms of special stages. Guess it's too hard for a ####### like yourself to understand that the rally has only just started.
    Last edited by Mintexmemory; 11th March 2017 at 09:10. Reason: censored for excessive crude insult - keep it clean this is a family forum!!

  11. #628
    Senior Member itix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    786
    Like
    711
    Liked 400 Times in 226 Posts
    Anyone know why Sordo is reported as broken down after the first sss?

    Edit: ok found it now... I can't imagine it was only misfire though. It would take more than that not to be allowed to complete a stage.
    Last edited by itix; 11th March 2017 at 06:38.

  12. #629

  13. Likes: A FONDO (11th March 2017),dimviii (11th March 2017),KKS (11th March 2017),nafpaktos (11th March 2017),Rally Power (11th March 2017)
  14. #630
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    777
    Like
    131
    Liked 445 Times in 154 Posts
    Overheating problems started very early in the stage, so it was not related to lenght of the stage. As most of them had less issues in final part of the long stage also. It was mostly related to not efficient cooling package for the mapping they use. Of course in combination with stage (slow, twisty) and weather (hot, high altitude) conditions. Another thing which means about not efficient cooling is that they mostly reached around 120degC water temp and it stayed around it. Some paid more attention to it and stopped or slowed, or changed to road mode to turn off ALS, some just observed it and still drove, of course with less power, etc. So I think teams didn't estimate properly how far they can go with mapping for such conditions and based on efficiency of their cooling packages. Also with such altitude and temperatures fuel evaporates which can cause the problems, especially when not a lot of fuel in the tank. So it can cause starting issues and misfiring, maybe it was the case of Hyundai cars.
    I don't know how it's managed in current WRC cars, but in older ones and some R5 cars when you switch to road mode and still try to push engine was overheating even more, as that map was not designed to push. So in case of temp problems you need to just turn off ALS but remain with stage mode. Otherwise even bigger problems.

  15. Likes: Andre Oliveira (11th March 2017),bluuford (11th March 2017),cali (11th March 2017),dimviii (11th March 2017),itix (11th March 2017),Jewy46 (11th March 2017),KKS (11th March 2017),leighton323 (11th March 2017),Mirek (11th March 2017),nafpaktos (11th March 2017),Rally Power (11th March 2017),Rallyper (11th March 2017),TWRC (11th March 2017)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •