Page 15 of 136 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast
    Liked 782 Times in 309 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    I think that in WRC it was only angled backwards.
    I thought it was something like that - angled backwards from a fixed point at the bottom (or from the crank maybe)? A rule that obviously gave the transverse platform a big advantage over the longitudinal boxer layout, letting them not only move the engine mass much further back but also much lower (where the boxer probably had an advantage in production format).

I guess we'll never know how competitive they could have been if all cars had to keep the production engine position.

2. Likes: danon (26th February 2017)
    Liked 124 Times in 64 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa View Post
    Additionally i belive Prodrive internally was getting awfully big heada nd I've read interviews where their cheif engineer was saying in essence "The cars are far to complex now for mere bumpkin drivers are able to understand anything..I know what is needed so they must just shut up and drive because they don't understand"

What do you think happened?
    I think this video explains why they were saying the cars were so complicated. Also explains where their attention was at the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=469mi4UOVK0

Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    So back to topic then. So guys, who do you think wins RMx? To me Neuville is hot candidate.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

5. Likes: pantealex (28th February 2017)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    So back to topic then. So guys, who do you think wins RMx? To me Neuville is hot candidate.
    It's very difficult.
    Neuville and Meeke will have huge advantage the first day but this is one of Ogier's favourite and he is not opening the road this time. Anyway it's going to be tough even in second position with those two guys behind.
    Also Paddon is in a good position if I'm not mistaken.
    I think there is no hope for Latvala, I'm quite sure he will go off as happens everytime he is very happy and "confident" before starting. (I hope not of course).
    I'm very curious to see what Tanak will do. If he manages to have another mature drive and grab a podium again it would be a strong confirmation about his late improvements.

7. Likes: A FONDO (27th February 2017)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    It's very difficult.
    Neuville and Meeke will have huge advantage the first day but this is one of Ogier's favourite and he is not opening the road this time. Anyway it's going to be tough even in second position with those two guys behind.
    Also Paddon is in a good position if I'm not mistaken.
    I think there is no hope for Latvala, I'm quite sure he will go off as happens everytime he is very happy and "confident" before starting. (I hope not of course).
    I'm very curious to see what Tanak will do. If he manages to have another mature drive and grab a podium again it would be a strong confirmation about his late improvements.
    You summed it up very well. However there is also technical side and it's curious who's engine "breathes" more proper.
    Neuville has to tidy his driving though, there is lot of concrete in Mexico.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

9. Likes: AL14 (27th February 2017),pantealex (28th February 2017)
    Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    I think the Toyota will turn out to be very fast but none of the drivers will be consistent enough to win. I'm most worried that with the speed and grip losing a bit of areo makes cars so unstable they're effectively out of contention and retire for the day to get fixed.

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    I'm very curious what Nandan will tell Neuville, "Just go and drive", or "I wan't you to finish this rally".
    If the second case, I don't expect
    Neuville to win.

12. Likes: pantealex (28th February 2017),Rallyper (27th February 2017)
    Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stefanvv View Post
    You summed it up very well. However there is also technical side and it's curious who's engine "breathes" more proper.
    Neuville has to tidy his driving though, there is lot of concrete in Mexico.
    Yes right, I'm curious too, maybe we will finally see the C3 shine

Liked 12,205 Times in 5,239 Posts
    like i said on the first pages, this rally is Neuville's to lose (like the two first rallies) or Meeke's if they get their issues sorted ..the fight for second and third will be great between, Latvala, Ogier, Tänak, Meeke, Paddon...this is my gut feeling.

but i hope Tänak's trend continues to climb up the in the results and this time it is time for number one
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AL14 View Post
    Yes right, I'm curious too, maybe we will finally see the C3 shine
    May be, we know they have good engine development process. What we don't is whether they have simulated Mexico conditions.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI