Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Liked 643 Times in 285 Posts

Return of the Two Samurai - Mitsubishi & Subaru

Is that the ONE... can't wait to see the other ONE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaTHVuC4Oks

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    This concept has a wheel base of 2700mm or thereabouts. To big for rallying, yet Subaru did say it is only a design language study...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    As usual, its looks fugly to me which probably means it will grow on me and ill come to accept it by the time it actually begins production.

Is it the other ONE...

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Mitsubishi would have to build a good base car if they want to compete in the WRC. That is... if they ever have any thought about coming back.
    Feel free to visit my YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/DZoneMotorsportTV

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I highly doubt Mitsubishi would return. They're going all eco-friendly so Rallying won't fit their desired brand image. Bit of a shame really.

Subaru I hope that they do. If Hyundai and Toyota can make successful returns, then hopefully that will influence subaru.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazza555)
    I highly doubt Mitsubishi would return. They're going all eco-friendly so Rallying won't fit their desired brand image. Bit of a shame really.

Subaru I hope that they do. If Hyundai and Toyota can make successful returns, then hopefully that will influence subaru.
    Anything can happen.

Maybe the Japanese manufacturers will watch how things go in 2014 with VW winning most of the time with Hyundai playing catch up.

Mitsubishi and Toyota should not spend too long watching if they want to come back in, as we have all seen what happens when Japanese technology manufacturers don't act quick enough on how well the likes of Hyundai's close business friends (Samsung and LG) have worked and taken customers away from Japanese products.
    Nav

Quote Originally Posted by navtheace
    Anything can happen.

Maybe the Japanese manufacturers will watch how things go in 2014 with VW winning most of the time with Hyundai playing catch up.

Mitsubishi and Toyota should not spend too long watching if they want to come back in, as we have all seen what happens when Japanese technology manufacturers don't act quick enough on how well the likes of Hyundai's close business friends (Samsung and LG) have worked and taken customers away from Japanese products.
    Good point!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by navtheace
    Mitsubishi and Toyota should not spend too long watching if they want to come back in
    Toyota's Yoshiaki Kino****a said they were looking at entering in 2014 as recently as June now that the TS030 Hybrid is making a name for itself:

Toyota looks at World Rally return in 2014 - Speedcafe

I haven't heard anything about it since.