Page 129 of 136 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1358
    Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    Could Ogier be excluded then? Surely if they've held his car for further scrutiny there's something wrong with it...?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnold Triyudho Wardono View Post
    Not all rally fans can afford for this..

Sent from my A12 using Tapatalk
    There are plenty of free promotion codes. Last year I think it was pretty much possible to watch the entire season for free because those bastards kept posting new free promo codes before each event.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

3. Likes: Arnold Triyudho Wardono (14th March 2017),EstWRC (14th March 2017)
    Liked 5,528 Times in 2,289 Posts
    Gearbox is not part issue but one paper issue. No worry Ford fans.

Liked 9,310 Times in 4,938 Posts
    I also find it strange that not one reporter or interviewer has asked Meeke why he didnt just take the win...

Colin Clark said on his vlog that if Meeke hadnt got the win that it didnt bear thinking about...

6. Likes: sonnybobiche (14th March 2017),steve.mandzij (14th March 2017)
    Liked 290 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    I also find it strange that not one reporter or interviewer has asked Meeke why he didnt just take the win...
    Because real reporting in the WRC almost doesn't exist. The Promoter makes sure that anything embarrassing or controversial is never, ever mentioned or asked about by anyone, at least in English.

E.g. in Monte Carlo it was really clear that a spectator had been hit and was possibly dead. Spanish commentators were talking all about it. It was all over twitter. But Becs Williams and the English commentators were pretending nothing had happened. "Oh, yeah, the stage has been cancelled. We'll be going to stage 2 directly. Here's some music." Even in the highlights they spent literally three seconds acknowledging what had happened.

Or just watch the highlights of rally mexico:

Hardly a word said about the ridiculous situation and cancelling the first two stages.

No explanation really of why Sordo had 10 minutes of penalties, but they did show him being informed that he'd gotten the 10 minutes back! (Yay! Wait, what penalties? When? Why? Oh yeah, because of another big fuckup by the organizers you never heard about.)

Try to find the onboards from any Hyundai in stage 7, where they all had problems and there was a red flag (also not mentioned) because Sordo was stopped on stage and Tanak might crash into him. Those onboards have not been uploaded, despite WRC+ explicitly advertising at the beginning of the year that all onboards from every stage would go up.

Hell, if you even try to watch Tanak's onboard from that stage, you notice that the audio mysteriously cuts out a few seconds before the red flag so you can't hear their reaction.

Speaking of Tanak, no mention at all that he had a big crash during the recce due to oncoming traffic. If you didn't read this forum, you'd never have known about it.

Still no mention that there is a situation with the FIA investigating Ogier's gearbox.

Honestly, journalism in the WRC is almost a joke compared to F1. David Evans does an okay job, but that's like one article a week if you're lucky. Half the time you can't really understand what the article is about unless you've already heard rumors about whatever situation he casually brings up. Martin Holmes is good but very brief, and again, infrequent. If it weren't for forums like this one, and coverage by non-English media, most people would be totally in the dark.

Rant over, for now...
    Last edited by sonnybobiche; 14th March 2017 at 13:24.

8. Likes: AL14 (15th March 2017),Allez Andruet (14th March 2017),BigWorm (14th March 2017),EightGear (14th March 2017),EstWRC (14th March 2017),Grundo Farb (15th March 2017),Hartusvuori (15th March 2017),jliivak (14th March 2017),jparker (14th March 2017),Leon (14th March 2017),Micke_VOC (14th March 2017),Morte66 (14th March 2017),N.O.T (15th March 2017),nafpaktos (14th March 2017),patwalsh13 (26th March 2017),PLuto (14th March 2017),spark13 (14th March 2017),steve.mandzij (14th March 2017),the sniper (16th March 2017),Tofrallye29 (15th March 2017)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Second after the first two days of the Rally Mexico, Sébastien Ogier is more than thirty seconds behind the solid leader Kris Meeke (Citroën C3 WRC). At the end of the Saturday specials, the Frenchman of Ford Fiesta seemed slightly resigned.
    "Meeke had a very good day, it was not possible for us to get him, and we were not ready to take all the risks to play the victory at all costs, It would still be a good result, Ogier assures the RTBF microphone, but honestly we tried it, we rode on a big pace, we did everything we could. Old, or we're missing a bit of performance somewhere for now, "he smiled bitterly," we'll have to try to work a little harder. "
    The four-time world champion, who was forced to change his team after Volkswagen's withdrawal last November, has not yet found a spin in the final portion of the ES13. The perfect settings in his new car.

"In Sweden I already had a spin so it should not become a habit. It comes from the fact that I tried however to roll quickly in a slow portion downhill where the back of The car got a little more than I wanted, it was at 20 km / h but good, we did a spin, we had to turn around and lose 10-12 seconds I am sure that it is also linked to the fact that there is still a bit of work to make me feel perfectly at ease with the car. I would like to "plague it gently.
    On Sunday, two last specials are to be traveled over 54.9 kilometers. Including power-stage.
    "I'm going for a few points and if it could be 5, it would be fantastic, it's not the time to cut it all off either, but we'll have to try, Ogier promises. "It's not going to be easy to win this power-stage but I want to have a few points in spite of everything."
    Since this year, the power-stage brings more points, what to increase the interest of this ultimate special?
    "For me, the power-stage has always been something interesting and that I have taken into consideration, there are even more points this year so it increases the interest a little. Maybe in recent years, as there were only three drivers scoring points, there were some who said, 'Well, anyway, we're not going to be in the top 3 So it does not help. "Now, catching a top 5 ... most of the board can do it from time to time so clearly, it has brought a little more interest to the power-stage" concludes the Gapençais.

Matton: "It is reassuring to see that we are in the blow on the ground"
    Citroën has something to satisfy. Strongly in the lead since Friday, Meeke should win in this 3rd event of the championship. Except for major problems, the protégé of Yves Matton should make forget the beginning of the difficult year of the brand to the rafters.
    "It was a very good and very interesting day, and we saw the forces and the cars and the pilots on the ground." We had a frustrating start to the season with results that Did not really follow our expectations, but we worked a lot on the ground because the championship is above all a championship of land so it is reassuring to see that we are in the blow on this surface. , To fight with the other drivers throughout the weekend, it allows, after two quite complicated rallies, to recover well to the mental level "analysis Matton relieved to micro of the RTBF.
    "The Tour de Corse will be an important event, it will be the first real asphalt event." Last year, Meeke showed himself to be very So it's a test on which we will have ambitions "continues Matton.

http://www.rtbf.be/sport/football/de...nce?id=9552131

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    Gearbox is not part issue but one paper issue. No worry Ford fans.
    Are you saying M-Sport documentation is wrong?

Liked 5,528 Times in 2,289 Posts
    No

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    No
    Could you be more detailed?

Liked 359 Times in 175 Posts
    Autosport.com: Sebastien Ogier could be excluded from Rally Mexico over gearbox

http://www.autosport.com/news/report...edium=facebook

14. Likes: dimviii (14th March 2017),Mirek (14th March 2017)