Page 96 of 136 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
    Liked 887 Times in 277 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Maybe, for sure different kind of gravel compared to other rallies,with no sweep effect like Mexico.

ok we didn't expect to shine,due to start position,but here we had differences from 0,8 sec/km to 1,3 sec/km which are huge,even at 2nd pass with much more clear roads.
    imho there wasn't problem with less engine power compared to fiesta/c3/i20.
    If you watch at stage el Brinco they were close to other cars.This stage was with wide roads and high speed corners.
    So at a stage that they hadn't got to steer a lot,or with plenty of tight corners,they were closer to other cars.Of course if they were down to power vs other cars,they couldn't come closer to faster crews.
    Also we have to think that its the first rally that car is ''right'' with homologation.We don't know how much this have affect their slow times(rear suspension 1,5cm smaller distance from top mount to lower mounting point)
    Strange too that we didn't hear at day 2 stage ends interviews.specially Latvala to complain about something specifically. Everything was ok (Hanninen also) and suddenly ''they were just trying setups''
    Of course when you are so back at position,you are going to try different setups for future references,but didn't understand what was the problem of slow times.
    I d like to hear your opinions.
    Rally Finland 2016 was one of the most sweeping-decided event of the whole year.
    https://www.facebook.com/noseendfirst?ref=hl#

2. Likes: DonJippo (12th March 2017),pantealex (12th March 2017),steve.mandzij (12th March 2017)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Fact is that Toyota has been slowest WRC in Mexico.

Will it be slowest in Portugal? Maybe, but I donīt think so.

For Corsica and Argentina I canīt say anything, yet.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

4. Likes: Rallyper (12th March 2017)
    Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    they only (truly) competitive car at the moment who was on the podium on both occasions, M-Sport.
    Completely wrong. I'm not even sure if Ford is better than Citroen at the moment. Maybe later in the season Ogier's input will make the difference.
    Hyundau is clearly one floor above everyone else.

6. Likes: steve.mandzij (12th March 2017)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Didnīt JML say they had to handle car yesterday after circumstances (e.g. overheating problems on friday) which would mean they donīt take out full power or so? Or what did he mean by saying that? To me it explains why they had mediocre times yesterday.
    at El Brinco 2 how did they manage to be so close without full power?
    http://www.ewrc-results.com/results....to-Mexico-2017

Liked 1,446 Times in 828 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A FONDO View Post
    Completely wrong. I'm not even sure if Ford is better than Citroen at the moment. Maybe later in the season Ogier's input will make the difference.
    Well if results are anything to go by, although the Hyundai does have the most stage wins...doesn't reflect in the Manu. Standings.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 207 Times in 129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A FONDO View Post
    We will see the true potential of ford when ogier will have enough mileage behind his new toy. compare tanak's performance to hyundai second drivers and tell me your conclusions.
    fb page
    bring back acropolis rally to wrc calendar

10. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (12th March 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lundefaret View Post
    Rally Finland 2016 was one of the most sweeping-decided event of the whole year.
    of course there is sweeping as a gravel rally,but I don't think its near like Mexico or some other gravel events.

Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Have a nice Sunday dimviii!
    you to mate.

14. Likes: A FONDO (12th March 2017)
    Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nafpaktos View Post
    We will see the true potential of ford when ogier will have enough mileage behind his new toy. compare tanak's performance to hyundai second drivers and tell me your conclusions.
    Hard to do it, but if you insist... Tanak is very solid, but Sordo is a sort of spoiled and when he doesn't like something, he just backs off completely. Paddon on the other hand has a huge psychological problem (too high self-built confidence followed by hurting high fall on hard ground) and can't get to grips using the full potential of the car. Anyway everything I have seen from the little Korean is wonderful - fast corners, slow corners, quick change of direction, stability under braking, proper acceleration, tamed rear at corner exit, etcetra.

16. Likes: EstWRC (12th March 2017),nafpaktos (12th March 2017),steve.mandzij (12th March 2017)