Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
    Liked 171 Times in 99 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Revman View Post
    More questions...
    2. How do you follow a rally when not there live? WRC+?, TV?, Live Timing? I want to take in the rally in the proper way.....
    Remember that it's a 3-day event, so there is no way to be at a computer the whole time. Install the official wrc+ app on your android smartphone and just listen to the live WRC radio
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ola1.wrc&hl=en The app has also live results with split times.

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    This is an easy to follow guide provided by Hyundai Motorsport:
    https://motorsport.hyundai.com/mckle...te-carlo-2017/

3. Likes: Rallyper (18th January 2017)
    Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    First time I ever open the Hyundai official site but I like how they present information for people with no or limited knowledge of rally sport. This one also reveals some of the basics https://motorsport.hyundai.com/wrc/inside-wrc/

Liked 144 Times in 49 Posts
    Thank you to all with your suggestions and input regarding following rallies. I AM LOVING THIS! Just fabulous! Because of your generosity, I have been able to follow and understand everything. Very proud of my Toyotas heading into Sunday! Very exciting stuff. However, Toyota cannot be romanced into thinking that they have arrived already. Quality drivers had problems which has paved the way for Jari-Matti to be on the podium overnight. Still, the pace looks pretty good, and the drivers are relatively happy. Good news!

6. Likes: EstWRC (23rd January 2017),GravelBen (23rd January 2017),hsmed (22nd January 2017),itix (22nd January 2017),Mirek (22nd January 2017),pantealex (23rd January 2017),Rally Hokkaido (22nd January 2017)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Sweden will be totally different event, so much faster with real studded tyres.

Portugal is first event which tell truth about cars performance.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 178 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post

I know "experts" have always said this about a new set of cars performance, but generally you've been able to tell how quick a car is going to be from Sweden because it's not just Scandinavians that are quick there anymore. With Mexico the teams have to deal with power sapping altitude; however, the winners there have always been quick cars and it doesn't throw up any surprises in terms of pace. Another contributing factor are the regulations, WRC cars have all been quite close in terms of pace since 1.6T started.

I agree that Monte Carlo can throw up a surprise because of the adverse / changeable weather conditions, but from Sweden on I think we'll see who are the real challengers are.

Liked 802 Times in 437 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post

I repeat the point I made on the RMC thread - In 8 of the past 10 WRC editions the Monte winner has ended up as WDC. This is more a reflection of driver pace and adaptability, but the qualities that make a Monte winner seem to be those that produce the right mix of speed and consistency throughout the season.
    Ogier in a wheelbarrow would be a serious contender, the Fiesta looks a bit better than that!
    Kris Meeke got fired -PSG so terrified they quit!

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintexmemory View Post
    I repeat the point I made on the RMC thread - In 8 of the past 10 WRC editions the Monte winner has ended up as WDC.
    That's probably due to Loeb being a Monte expert and Ogier also hailing from the region...

However, my main issue here is that I had WRC+ last year and decided to try the free Red Bull TV version to watch the Monte. It was a big, positive surprise - actually the daily highlights were even better than in WRC+ (instead of showing 10 minutes of previous day stuff like WRC+, they had Matt Wilson talking about interesting things for the time). Of course Red Bull TV only had one live stage, but I'm not going to subscribe WRC+ again this year, at least...

Liked 1,091 Times in 489 Posts
    Sorry, but RB.tv coverage is like rallying for dummies. I watched the third leg coverage. The only bonus is that they've got the extra bits but those are a bit too dummed down. And for me Paul King is no better than Jon Desborough.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Sorry, but RB.tv coverage is like rallying for dummies. I watched the third leg coverage. The only bonus is that they've got the extra bits but those are a bit too dummed down. And for me Paul King is no better than Jon Desborough.
    I think Desborough is ok... and yes, it's a bit too much 'for dummies' but good enough in my opinion. It's 50 euros a year cheaper, anyway, and as I said I don't have to watch the first day highlights all over again every time I watch something else.