Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
Results 201 to 209 of 209
  1. #201
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    J y v s k y l
    Posts
    2,158
    Like
    6,963
    Liked 728 Times in 357 Posts
    Someone should but that Novikov jump with yellow C4 to Revman here...

    Perfect example why they must brake sometimes.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

  2. #202
    Senior Member MrJan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Exeter
    Posts
    8,000
    Like
    23
    Liked 285 Times in 171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    Someone should but that Novikov jump with yellow C4 to Revman here...
    THis one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bAofj6slRGo
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

  3. Likes: pantealex (21st July 2017),Revman (21st July 2017)
  4. #203
    Armchair General Mirek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Prague / Eastern Bohemia
    Posts
    18,734
    Like
    4,298
    Liked 5,499 Times in 2,319 Posts
    I think that Mitsubishi changed orientation of the engine between Evo III and IV gr.A cars to have better behavior on jumps (to reverse rotation of engine). I believe that even with cars there is similar although way weaker effect like in motocross where You can tilt the car while in the air by pushing brakes or throttle, i.e. when You need to start braking just after the jump it's better to land front end first while if You need to accelerate it's better not to do so.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

  5. #204
    Senior Member TWRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Budapest, Hungary
    Posts
    337
    Like
    2,075
    Liked 331 Times in 144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    I think that Mitsubishi changed orientation of the engine between Evo III and IV gr.A cars to have better behavior on jumps (to reverse rotation of engine). I believe that even with cars there is similar although way weaker effect like in motocross where You can tilt the car while in the air by pushing brakes or throttle, i.e. when You need to start braking just after the jump it's better to land front end first while if You need to accelerate it's better not to do so.
    I read somewhere that the 205 T16 was famous at first for tilting on jumps, because the crankshaft-flywheel-gearbox main shaft was exactly at the centre of gravity of the car, and if the driver lifted on a jump, the nose dived, if accelerated, the nose rotated upwards.

  6. Likes: Mirek (22nd July 2017)
  7. #205
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,929
    Like
    1,772
    Liked 1,746 Times in 806 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TWRC View Post
    I read somewhere that the 205 T16 was famous at first for tilting on jumps, because the crankshaft-flywheel-gearbox main shaft was exactly at the centre of gravity of the car, and if the driver lifted on a jump, the nose dived, if accelerated, the nose rotated upwards.
    True, and the Evo2 version fixed this issue.

  8. Likes: Mirek (21st July 2017),TWRC (22nd July 2017)
  9. #206
    Senior Member Revman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    117
    Like
    63
    Liked 122 Times in 38 Posts
    Thank you everybody. Just fascinating to me.

  10. Likes: pantealex (21st July 2017)
  11. #207
    Senior Member Revman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    117
    Like
    63
    Liked 122 Times in 38 Posts
    Quick questions.....During the shakedown are all of the passes made in the same direction? Is there a maximum number of passes a car can make?

  12. #208
    Senior Member AnttiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,929
    Like
    1,772
    Liked 1,746 Times in 806 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Revman View Post
    Quick questions.....During the shakedown are all of the passes made in the same direction? Is there a maximum number of passes a car can make?
    Of course same direction always.

    I think there's just a time limit of some hours and during that you can drive as much as you can, but mostly the drivers try won't drive more than three mandatory passes to save tyres, as the same tyres must be used in the actual race as well.

  13. #209
    Senior Member Revman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    117
    Like
    63
    Liked 122 Times in 38 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Of course same direction always.

    I think there's just a time limit of some hours and during that you can drive as much as you can, but mostly the drivers try won't drive more than three mandatory passes to save tyres, as the same tyres must be used in the actual race as well.
    Thank you.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •