Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,262 Times in 893 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    Latvala is one of the nicest guys in WRC and (unlike Loeb and Ogier) actually has a personality and feelings.
    Ogier has one of the strongest personalities in the history of the sport.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

2. Likes: A FONDO (27th December 2016)
    Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    There were far too man dead people to keep things unchanged...

Stills some organizations like Automobile Club de Monaco don't care about safety at all. On the stages of Monte Carlo once You get from the access point You can do whatever You want. There are no tapes, no marshals, nothing. Anyway for such case I would strongly recommend to go spectating together with somebody experienced.
    A bit late to the party but... it isn't entirely this bad. There is some marshaling on Rally Monte Carlo but it isn't as much as other places.

What bothers me most is the fact that nobody ever pick up their shit when they leave. It's just full of garbage once a stage is finished

Also the marshals don't take their tasks very seriously.

Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Revman, you should answer Seb_sh's questions that he asked you.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    I was interested in cars since I was a kid. Don't ask me why, it is just in my blood somehow. I have no family and I had no friends when I was younger that had the same interest. My first word was Volvo (I'm born in sweden), so the interest for the motor vehicle has always been there.

I grew up in the middle of the country side with not much motor related to do (other than speed down the local hill in my soap box racer) so my access to motoring related things were through TV. We had two TV channels when I grew up and both were state owned (a third commercial one came later). There were almost no motor related things at all on TV but they did broadcast rallying, STCC and F1 (and Rallykalle... does anyone else from sweden remember this?).

F1's weren't really cars... they were strange things with wheels on them and it wasn't really that spectacular or interesting. STCC was ok but it didn't really have the spark. Rallying, however, immediately drew my attention. I think I was around 8 when I started watching the WRC on TV and from when I was around 10 I have been glued permanently, every event. If I had to be somewhere else I would force my mom or dad to tape it for me. I don't think there is a WRC event I haven't watched since 1999-ish. While I have tried to watch other motor sports, Rallying is still the only one I have stuck to. The first WRC event I attended was the Monte in 2014 (so it took me quite a while to actually attend a WRC rally although I did attend some smaller local events).

6. Likes: dimviii (27th December 2016),Rallyper (28th December 2016),skarderud (23rd January 2017)
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    The first WRC event I attended was the Monte in 2014 (so it took me quite a while to actually attend a WRC rally although I did attend some smaller local events).
    how happened that? didn't watched Sweden wrc rally?

8. Likes: itix (28th December 2016)
    Liked 335 Times in 204 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    Really? He moans a lot but I wouldn't really consider that a personality, certainly not a likeable one. I wouldn't even consider him one of the biggest personalities since we left group A behind. McRae, Solberg, Gronholm, Panizzi, Markko, the other Solberg, Atko etc etc.
    You're so beige, you probably think this signature is about someone else.

Liked 660 Times in 319 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    'Strong personality' is code for 'douchebag', isn't?

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrJan View Post
    Really? He moans a lot but I wouldn't really consider that a personality.
    Every driver "moans" about "something" from time to time, even Gronholm if You wish.
    One the other hand, how You imagine someone to bring numerous titles without being a personality himself? Is that happen randomly, or it is just about strong personality, which knows what he wants, and how to get it?
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seb_sh View Post
    After 8 pages, I actually have some questions for you, Revman, if you don't mind

What's your background related to motorsport? Why the Toyota fandom?
    How did you hear about WRC? What made you get into it?

To add a bit about the drivers: Hanninen was chosen for his development skills and is driving this year more as a test driver/reference. Lappi was chosen because he's an up and coming star that showed good speed, even if he is crash prone, Makinen probably hopes he can groom him to be more consistent. After VW thing Latvala was basically an available more experienced Lappi with good testing/setup skills.
    Yeah. Pls answer. It´s interesting for us to know you better.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    I was interested in cars since I was a kid. Don't ask me why, it is just in my blood somehow. I have no family and I had no friends when I was younger that had the same interest. My first word was Volvo (I'm born in sweden), so the interest for the motor vehicle has always been there.

I grew up in the middle of the country side with not much motor related to do (other than speed down the local hill in my soap box racer) so my access to motoring related things were through TV. We had two TV channels when I grew up and both were state owned (a third commercial one came later). There were almost no motor related things at all on TV but they did broadcast rallying, STCC and F1 (and Rallykalle... does anyone else from sweden remember this?).

F1's weren't really cars... they were strange things with wheels on them and it wasn't really that spectacular or interesting. STCC was ok but it didn't really have the spark. Rallying, however, immediately drew my attention. I think I was around 8 when I started watching the WRC on TV and from when I was around 10 I have been glued permanently, every event. If I had to be somewhere else I would force my mom or dad to tape it for me. I don't think there is a WRC event I haven't watched since 1999-ish. While I have tried to watch other motor sports, Rallying is still the only one I have stuck to. The first WRC event I attended was the Monte in 2014 (so it took me quite a while to actually attend a WRC rally although I did attend some smaller local events).
    Men Svenska då? And you should do Rally Finland!
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...