Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts

...and Capito is off too!

McLaren are set to part company with their new Formula 1 boss Jost Capito less than four months after the German joined the company....

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/38371269

Wasn't expecting it but I guess being Ron's man it was inevitable..

Quite a merry-go-round this year!
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    It's funny to see that Autosport seems to have just copied BBC's text, or the other way around. I wonder if they have any sort of agreement or this is just plain old piracy.

As for the news themselves, well, that looks rather classless from a team of McLaren's stature. Kicking Dennis out was not particularly nice and now it seems that they're purging those close to him. I wonder whether this will result on an improvement for McLaren or if they will start digging their own graves even deeper.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    It looks like the Mclaren 2017 season is going to be in tatters. These disruptions are bound to be causing distractions and loss of focus as everyone is watching their backs. It is looking like the start of a downward spiral for this great team.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

4. Likes: N. Jones (31st December 2016)
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    If Ron manages to take over Manor (and has some money to develop the team and the car), I'll be interested to see whether he can move them up the grid. I'm pulling for Zak Brown to turn McLaren around. But as a member of the old guard, I'd also like to see Ron find some redemption.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    If Ron manages to take over Manor (and has some money to develop the team and the car), I'll be interested to see whether he can move them up the grid. I'm pulling for Zak Brown to turn McLaren around. But as a member of the old guard, I'd also like to see Ron find some redemption.
    Ron Dennis plus Manor, that is an interesting combination. I bet ya, Ron Dennis can make a worthy team out of Manor.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare