Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrc2 2017

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    I'm interested to see what M-Sport's plans are for Camilli now, given they have a backlog of drivers. Has he improved like we saw from Elfyn this year?
    Imo Evans wasn't particularly impressive in WRC2 in 2016, he was fastest on a few vents (Monte, Corsica, Sweden) but not by much and was clearly behind Lappi and Suninen on gravel rallies. You might event try to compare his performance with PT this year... except PT is actually going to win WRC2.

Evans return to WRC had much more to do with money than some visible improvement. If Camilli returns the reason will probably be the same.

2. Likes: AnttiL (14th August 2017),WUff1 (14th August 2017)
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Imo Evans wasn't particularly impressive in WRC2 in 2016, he was fastest on a few vents (Monte, Corsica, Sweden) but not by much and was clearly behind Lappi and Suninen on gravel rallies. You might event try to compare his performance with PT this year... except PT is actually going to win WRC2.

Evans return to WRC had much more to do with money than some visible improvement. If Camilli returns the reason will probably be the same.
    Yeah agreed. I'm not saying Elfyn dominated in WRC2 or anything. But you can make the argument he improved as a driver as a result of that step back. Even just in terms of mentality. That's what I'm interested in for Camilli.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    So, Tidemand is the champion but battle for other medals is still on

2. Camilli 77
    3. Veiby 68
    4. Kopecky 67
    5. Suninen 60
    6. Gilbert 55

Camilli has already scored at 6 events, meaning he can only do Wales this year and then the worst result is excluded, so if he wins, he gets only 21 points more. Suninen has only done 4 and will do only Spain and Wales, has no option to exclude worst result. Veiby has done four events and skipped two mandatory, he can only score points now from Wales. Kopecky has 4 events and Gilbert 5 events, not sure about their plan for the rest of the season.

In Catalunya, we won't see Tidemand, Veiby or Camilli scoring points. A good chance for Suninen to take a victory. Although, we don't know if Kopecky is there or Mikkelsen at the wheel of a Skoda again?

And it's interesting to see if anyone's going to Australia now that the championship's decided and most top drivers have their all seven events contested...

5. Likes: Rally Power (20th August 2017)
    Liked 544 Times in 302 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    So, Tidemand is the champion but battle for other medals is still on

2. Camilli 77
    3. Veiby 68
    4. Kopecky 67
    5. Suninen 60
    6. Gilbert 55

Camilli has already scored at 6 events, meaning he can only do Wales this year and then the worst result is excluded, so if he wins, he gets only 21 points more. Suninen has only done 4 and will do only Spain and Wales, has no option to exclude worst result. Veiby has done four events and skipped two mandatory, he can only score points now from Wales. Kopecky has 4 events and Gilbert 5 events, not sure about their plan for the rest of the season.

In Catalunya, we won't see Tidemand, Veiby or Camilli scoring points. A good chance for Suninen to take a victory. Although, we don't know if Kopecky is there or Mikkelsen at the wheel of a Skoda again?

And it's interesting to see if anyone's going to Australia now that the championship's decided and most top drivers have their all seven events contested...
    Nasser likes a Catalunya entry though doesn't he? Don't know what his plans are but I'd guess he could make a cameo, in WRC2 he's fairly competitive there.

Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Wouldn't be surprised if we don't see the works Skoda team again this year. The job is done.

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Yeah traditionally a lot of people jack in their campaigns once the title is out of the picture. It's happened even earlier this year so I am slightly fearful for the rest of the rounds.

For Suninen I don't know how much a few more WRC2 events will help him at this point? Unless M-Sport really want him to do the events. I don't think he'll care about second in the title race.

In his press conference Pontus said for sure he'd do GB. But like RS said why do Skoda need to spend any more money increasing their margin of victory.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    For Suninen I don't know how much a few more WRC2 events will help him at this point? Unless M-Sport really want him to do the events. I don't think he'll care about second in the title race.
    His program had originally Spain in any case and Wales in the case the situation in WRC2 requires it.

Does anyone know how Camilli has funded his season? He has contested all rallies except Argentina and will do Spain and Wales as well. Is it just M-Sport investing for the future or secret sponsors? He thanked his dad on twitter after the victory...

Quote Originally Posted by BigWorm View Post
    Nasser likes a Catalunya entry though doesn't he? Don't know what his plans are but I'd guess he could make a cameo, in WRC2 he's fairly competitive there.
    Last year it was Kopecky against Tidemand battling for seconds and then Loubet 10 minutes behind and the rest over 20 minutes behind. in 2015 it was again Kopecky against Tidemand, Nasser was 4 minutes behind them.

wrc.com and ewrc-results both count all 7 rallies for Tidemand and Camilli. But shouldn't only 6 best count? Wikipedia seems to have it correctly https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_F...-2_for_Drivers

Not that it makes a different, just out of curiosity...

as it stands now, Kopecky and Suninen are sharing the bronze medal. Suninen could still go to Australia to clench even silver from Camilli, but probably it's not worth the cost, I think he's proven enough for the team bosses.
    Last edited by AnttiL; 30th October 2017 at 08:05.

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    wrc.com and ewrc-results both count all 7 rallies for Tidemand and Camilli. But shouldn't only 6 best count? Wikipedia seems to have it correctly https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_F...-2_for_Drivers

Not that it makes a different, just out of curiosity...

as it stands now, Kopecky and Suninen are sharing the bronze medal. Suninen could still go to Australia to clench even silver from Camilli, but probably it's not worth the cost, I think he's proven enough for the team bosses.
    Regarding the countings, maybe they will update the results with deleting worse result after the end of season, who knows... Unfortunatelly also results on wikipedia are not 100% correct. If you want to see correct actual results of WRC2, look here - http://www.autosport.cz/souteze/bodo...?id=111&sk=496

Suninen cannot go to Australia, he is not on entry list...