Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrc2 2017

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Kalle said the problem on tarmac and Italian gravel has been getting the pace notes right. It's difficult when he's not driving the car himself when doing the recce. Meanwhile, there's guys in the Italian championship who have been driving the rallies for years, some for decades, they don't even need pace notes for every stage. And finally, he hasn't felt comfortable in the Peugeot. He says the engine lacks torque and feels like an S2000 car compared to the Skoda. But he's learning, he finished second in the San Marino gravel rally (but retired on the last liaison). But I agree that he needs experience and WRC2 is the right series for him for now. He's proven quick on snow and fast gravel roads, but ne needs experience on tarmac plus rougher and technical gravel rallies.

Liked 3,290 Times in 1,732 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkvy View Post
    I haven't paid a great deal of attention to his Italian performances, but I didn't get the impression he was doing overly well there?
    Yes, you are right. Kalle is not doing very well in the Italian championship. He is currently 7th overall. You can see the classification here:
    http://www.rallylink.it/pdf/classifiche/2017/cir.pdf
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    Yes, you are right. Kalle is not doing very well in the Italian championship. He is currently 7th overall. You can see the classification here:
    http://www.rallylink.it/pdf/classifiche/2017/cir.pdf
    Once he stopped on a stage to let Andreucci past him to score more points as Andreucci's truly fighting for the championship. You could also speculate if the San Marino retirement from second position on the last liaison with Andreucci behind him was similar...

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Position in the standings does not reflect the drivers true speed... Pointless arquement

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

5. Likes: EstWRC (10th August 2017),pantealex (10th August 2017)
    Right now Tidemand has contested in five rallies, leaving him only the mandatory Wales and Germany, and he can still drop the worst result (in theory, if he wins both, his Poland second place will not be counted). Veiby skipped Portugal and is skipping Germany as well, leaving him only Wales and 25 points to gain, not enough for championship winning. Suninen has done only three rallies. In theory he could still beat Tidemand by winning three more events with Tidemand scoring nothing, but I think his program consists only of Germany and Wales, and he'd probably be happier to do Wales in a WRC car. Camilli has done five events, no chance for championship either. Surprisingly, Kopecky could still be champion if he wins three more rallies and Tidemand scores nothing.

So Tidemand is quite confirmed champion, but all of the above mentioned are contenders for silver and bronze.

7. Likes: b3637853 (16th August 2017),pantealex (14th August 2017)
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Despite the driving talent it's been a down year for WRC2 certainly. Everyone (with the exception of Tidemand) has seemingly had their focus elsewhere. And when you cut beneath that top level of drivers the quality drops off drastically.

Really a tough situation for Pontus if he takes a dominant title victory and no ones cares.

I'm interested to see what M-Sport's plans are for Camilli now, given they have a backlog of drivers. Has he improved like we saw from Elfyn this year?

I'd also assume Veiby will be doing a full campaign next year? Kalle will also bring some extra attention to the class which is a good thing.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

9. Likes: AnttiL (14th August 2017)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

I'm interested to see what M-Sport's plans are for Camilli now, given they have a backlog of drivers. Has he improved like we saw from Elfyn this year?
    Well at least he hasn't retired once. But still, with the low competition level, he has only made it to the podium once when scoring points (also non-points victory in Sardegna and second in Finland).

Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    I'd also assume Veiby will be doing a full campaign next year? Kalle will also bring some extra attention to the class which is a good thing.
    Interesting to see who are the Skoda factory drivers next year. Will Tidemand continue? Will Kopecky drive a Skoda forever? Veiby? Huttunen? Solans? Mikkelsen?
    Last edited by AnttiL; 14th August 2017 at 17:27.

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    VW R5 is coming (middle of) next year, someone is going to drive for them...
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    VW claimed that they wouldn't have works team. Something has changed?
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    VW R5 is coming (middle of) next year, someone is going to drive for them...
    Citroen C3 R5 should also be out at the start of the season.