Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Wrc2 2017

Liked 248 Times in 125 Posts
    Also it's good for his experience test more cars in (near)factory spec as possible .

2. Likes: pantealex (9th August 2017)
    Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    Would anyone else be surprised to see Rovanperä go for this? I wouldn't have thought he needed to or that it was even his best option. Unless he's just going through the process for that experience itself, as it can't hurt?
    The big story in Motorsport News today is that Kalle is very close to agreeing a deal with M-Sport. (Wales GB 2017, BRC 2018 and WRC2 rounds 2018).

Kalle and Harri were up in Greystoke last week testing testing Loubet's R5 from Finland. They say the opportunity to learn the rallies in R5, but the possibility to sample the newest-spec WRC too, is why M-Sport is so appealing.

But it seems Hyundai may also have similar ideas. Looking at Jouhki's history though I think M-Sport will be his favoured option.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

4. Likes: AnttiL (9th August 2017),electroliquid (9th August 2017),the sniper (9th August 2017)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
    They say the opportunity to learn the rallies in R5, but the possibility to sample the newest-spec WRC too, is why M-Sport is so appealing.

But it seems Hyundai may also have similar ideas.
    Driving a Skoda or a private team car would omit the possibility of testing a WRC.

Thumbs up.

Liked 3,776 Times in 1,679 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JUF View Post
    I have to say that I'm a little bit disappointed of Fabio this year. He always looked like a promising talent, but he wasn't able to set any fast times and made many mistakes this year. I'm not sure if we gonna see him returning to WRC2 next year... Or does he have rich parents or anyone else like that?
    For me problem is that he was going to WRC2 too early. He missed some steps...

Liked 3,289 Times in 1,731 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Essaj View Post
    More surprised that both Nikolay Gryazin and Ralf Sirmacis are missing from the list.
    Yes, Sirmacis should be there. But Gryazin? Does he have any impressive achievements?
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

8. Likes: cali (9th August 2017)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    The big story in Motorsport News today is that Kalle is very close to agreeing a deal with M-Sport.
    Now the article is online as well https://www.motorsport-news.co.uk/ne...-for-rally-gb/

10. Likes: Rally Power (9th August 2017)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    For me problem is that he was going to WRC2 too early. He missed some steps...
    He did drive WRC3 for 2-years
    I believe WRC2 is next step or ?
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    Yes, Sirmacis should be there. But Gryazin? Does he have any impressive achievements?
    He is fast but seems to push bit over the limit in many places. He hasn't achieved anything special yet but on the list there ain't many who have.

Liked 216 Times in 105 Posts
    The big story in Motorsport News today is that Kalle is very close to agreeing a deal with M-Sport. (Wales GB 2017, BRC 2018 and WRC2 rounds 2018).

Kalle and Harri were up in Greystoke last week testing testing Loubet's R5 from Finland. They say the opportunity to learn the rallies in R5, but the possibility to sample the newest-spec WRC too, is why M-Sport is so appealing.

But it seems Hyundai may also have similar ideas. Looking at Jouhki's history though I think M-Sport will be his favoured option.
    I agree with the idea of doing as many WRC2 events as possible, yes he maybe fast but the WRC is a very different level, and still relies a lot on experience. So I think he not only needs to prove himself out of his rather selective range of events so far, but also get the experience on the world scene so that he is a more complete package.

And if the speed is there in WRC2, I am sure he will have no problem getting a WRC seat when there is room. But there does seem to be a lot of quick drivers at the moment and still a limited number of seats, so patience might be necessary. He does have time on his side at least.

I haven't paid a great deal of attention to his Italian performances, but I didn't get the impression he was doing overly well there?

Liked 668 Times in 285 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Munkvy View Post
    I agree with the idea of doing as many WRC2 events as possible, yes he maybe fast but the WRC is a very different level, and still relies a lot on experience. So I think he not only needs to prove himself out of his rather selective range of events so far, but also get the experience on the world scene so that he is a more complete package.

And if the speed is there in WRC2, I am sure he will have no problem getting a WRC seat when there is room. But there does seem to be a lot of quick drivers at the moment and still a limited number of seats, so patience might be necessary. He does have time on his side at least.

I haven't paid a great deal of attention to his Italian performances, but I didn't get the impression he was doing overly well there?
    Struggling on a tarmac little bit, as expected but he has improved there alot during the year.
    On gravel he was doing decent in his first race but crashed. Second gravel race they did find some setup improvements which did improve the car and he was in 2nd place before having to retire on the final liaison before the finish podium due to fuel pressure issue.
    Peugeot seems to have some issues which only Andreucci and Loeb has managed to solve and actually win with (there might be others :d )