Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Williams reject initial offer for Botas which includes Wehrlein and engine cost reduction... Paddy Lowe to Williams.... and James Allison to Mercedes?

Wow!

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/38282791
    I am not surprised about Lowe leaving Mercedes. There has been plenty signs that he and Toto are not quite aligned on a number of things. You could also attribute most of Mercedes' poor reliability in 2016 and possibly the last three years to Lowe; as Director of the technical side of the Mercedes team this was his responsibilities. Hamilton's technical issues which included two engine failures, happened on his watch. Looking inwards from the outside, one would guess that he has underperformed really. Hence, l am not surprised that Mercedes are talking to Alison as a replacement for him. It is also interesting that Mclaren were quick to state that they were not interested in Lowe. That said, Lowe would be great for Williams as he brings tons of experience from working with Mercedes with him.

I would be surprised that Williams would risk their 2017 campaign by releasing Bottas. It is interesting that Di Resta is not getting any mention at all in all this. Mercedes may have to go with their rookie Wehrlein and hope for the best. I am not sure why Mercedes lack confidence in Wehrlein, especially seeing how well Verstapenn and Sainz are doing. They probably do not rate their rookie as highly as Verstapenn and Sainz.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 12th December 2016 at 00:29.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Giovanazzi has been pretty impressive in GP2 this year. If Wehrlein is not ready for a top seat, Giovanazzi is surely not either, but I think he is available: earlier in the year his manager was expressing bafflement that no F1 teams had expressed any interest in his driver despite 5 wins in his rookie GP2 year.

Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    Giovanazzi has been pretty impressive in GP2 this year. If Wehrlein is not ready for a top seat, Giovanazzi is surely not either, but I think he is available: earlier in the year his manager was expressing bafflement that no F1 teams had expressed any interest in his driver despite 5 wins in his rookie GP2 year.
    I doubt Mercedes would give Giovanazzi a look when they have more accomplished rookies in Wehrlein and Ocon to consider. When he wins the GP2 title, then maybe.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    I am ready to drive for them , and will work for considerably less than $45 million for the next two years .
    PM me Merc .
    I manage myself .

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    I am ready to drive for them , and will work for considerably less than $45 million for the next two years .
    PM me Merc .
    I manage myself .
    Dear Bagwan,
    We accept your kind offer to drive for us. We will provide all of your equipment except attitude - in the past all of our drivers have supplied their own. Please report to our facility to be fitted for a seat the first Monday after hell freezes over.
    Signed, Toto

"Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    PM me Merc .
    I manage myself .
    I am happy to give you an excellent character reference and supply your helmets to your design specifications for the next three years free of charge if you are successful.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    Please report to our facility to be fitted for a seat the first Monday after hell freezes over.
    Signed, Toto

Leicester City has already won the Premier League. The Cronulla Sharks won the Australian Rugby League. The Western Bulldogs won the Australian Rules Football League. The Chicago Cubs won the World Series. Donald Trump won the US Presidency.

Hell has already frozen solid. Satan currently ice skates to work.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    Some rumours suggest, that Williams have asked if Massa is willing to drive one more year. If he is, they could sell Bottas to Merc

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by COD View Post
    Some rumours suggest, that Williams have asked if Massa is willing to drive one more year. If he is, they could sell Bottas to Merc
    What a terrible, terrible thing.

We need new blood in F1, not hasbeens like Massa and Button (or for that matter Kimi).
    Look at what Vestrappen (and Ricciardo in the last few years) have done. Would we be better off if Weber was around? What about Rubens, how many years did he waste?

They are just making up the numbers, brining nothing except maybe consistency, I guess that's what teams need at the end of the day, but it sucks for the sport.

Where's the fire, that pounce, that the new blood brings in?

Ok, I'll take all that back, give me Kobayashi!

10. Likes: yodasarmpit (16th December 2016)
    Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Koz View Post
    What a terrible, terrible thing.

We need new blood in F1, not hasbeens like Massa and Button (or for that matter Kimi).
    Look at what Vestrappen (and Ricciardo in the last few years) have done. Would we be better off if Weber was around? What about Rubens, how many years did he waste?

They are just making up the numbers, brining nothing except maybe consistency, I guess that's what teams need at the end of the day, but it sucks for the sport.

Where's the fire, that pounce, that the new blood brings in?

Ok, I'll take all that back, give me Kobayashi!
    Well apparently with Martini as a team backer, they require at least driver over the age of 25 for promotioanl purposes, so if Bottas goes they need an older driver.
    :champion: WRC3 championship, WRC4 championship, WRC4 PCWRC, WRC4 ERC
    Winner - TRD2 Bathurst:burnout: