Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Not even pre-season testing yet but I'm gonna stick my neck out and say that Ferrari or RB are probably going to win the manufacturers title next year... based on nothing other than a hunch... and a hunch based on nothing other than a sense of the Regulation 'winds of change'.
    Yes there will be a big change next year. Haas will be constructor's champion and Grosjean World Champ. You heard it here first.

(I'm pretty sure someone put something strange in my coffee this morning.)
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

2. Likes: Morte66 (18th January 2017)
    Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    Yes there will be a big change next year. Haas will be constructor's champion and Grosjean World Champ. You heard it here first.

That's as insane an idea as saying that next year, Michael Schumacher will win the World Championship.

- posted from my Nokia 1011, Telecom Australia 2G network, 12 Apr 1993
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post

Nah, You've taken it too far.

Hey, nothing wrong with wishful thinking ... and last year before pre-season, I did predict on this forum that 2016 was gonna be Rosbergs championship... and...

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    I think Valteri will do just fine but I am not convinced that Merc will necessarily be the best car in 2017. The last time we had big car spec changes it helped a team dominate and now we have another big car Aero/grip change that may well shift the balance. You'd think that this should reward Red Bull more than the others but isn't it about Ferrari's turn to dominate for a spell?

Not even pre-season testing yet but I'm gonna stick my neck out and say that Ferrari or RB are probably going to win the manufacturers title next year... based on nothing other than a hunch... and a hunch based on nothing other than a sense of the Regulation 'winds of change'.
    I just can't see Ferrari dominating in the current political climate. It needs restructuring. It's possible they may fluke it and come up with an Great car but I find I highly unlikely given the negative environment which currently exists there. Ratatouille needs to go and I don't think Machionne sitting in on engineering briefings helps anyone either. Next year will be either Mercedes or Red Bull. Mind you, the departure of Lowe from Mercedes may have a long term affect before James Allison comes on board and gets up to speed. Mercedes had the best chassis and Engine over the last three years. Whether or not that continues vet much depends on the impact of Lowe's departure.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 18th January 2017 at 11:50.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I just can't see Ferrari dominating in the current political climate. It needs restructuring. It's possible they may fluke it and come up with an Great car but I find I highly unlikely given the negative environment which currently exists there. Ratatouille needs to go and I don't think Machionne sitting in on engineering briefings helps anyone either. Next year will be either Mercedes or Red Bull. Mind you, the departure of Lowe from Mercedes may have a long term affect before James Allison comes on board and gets up to speed. Mercedes had the best chassis and Engine over the last three years. Whether or not that continues vet much depends on the impact of Lowe's departure.

I'm just getting a gut feeling that the powers that be are trying to reduce the Merc advantage and the cynical side of me thinks it might even be someone else's turn.

Yes, you are probably right... and in my mind this seasons new regs look to be playing directly into Red Bulls's area of expertise. The first of Max's WDC's? :O

Just really hoping that we see a lot closer competition between the top 3 teams than what we have had in recent years.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    I´m glad that Bottas only got a one year contract. This means that Mercedes are after Vettel WHOs contract is up at the end of this year, This means that Kimi will drive for Ferrari 2018 (likely).

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    And, the choice of Bottas will hand Lewis one Moore WDC easy this year, boring.

Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01 View Post
    Hey , Mia , who knows ?
    Maybe the reds will get it right and Kimi will have another championship in his pocket after the end of this season .

That would also guarantee 2018 , wouldn't it ?

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01 View Post
    Not if you're a Lewis fan.

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
    Hoping that Newey can work his magic, to enable that terror from Holland to give Mercedes a fit.