Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Would love to see DiResta back. He would be a vastly better choice than Massa any day of the week.

I still don't understand why he lost his seat to begin with.
    I think Di Resta not having competitive experience in the current spec of F1 cars may be the reason Williams is hesitant to put him in the car. The simulator is no substitute for a full on tarmac racing weekend. He has been out for too long as well and there has been a number of car spec changes since he lasted raced in anger. A problem shared by Verne, Buemi and Kobayashi etc

But l think he would be competitive given the chance, as least as close to, if not better than Massa's recent performance in the 2016 season.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    I think Di Resta not having competitive experience in the current spec of F1 cars may be the reason Williams is hesitant to put him in the car. The simulator is no substitute for a full on tarmac racing weekend. He has been out for too long as well and there has been a number of car spec changes since he lasted raced in anger. A problem shared by Verne, Buemi and Kobayashi etc

But l think he would be competitive given the chance, as least as close to, if not better than Massa's recent performance in the 2016 season.
    If I were Massa and I harboured any hope of ever being world champion still then I would say to Totto Wolf I'd be willing to take the Mercedes seat for a year and see how it goes. That would solve Mercedes's problem and give them a reasonable number two for the time being and that way they need not provide any discount to Williams. Then if it didn't work out, Alonso is free for 2018.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post

Good drivers do not need to be experienced in the current spec. They are either good or they are not and the really good ones can drive anything well.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    Good drivers do not need to be experienced in the current spec. They are either good or they are not and the really good ones can drive anything well.
    Maybe, but he would still need time to ramp up. He is not going to jump in the car and be just as fast as Massa straight away. That is too much pressure.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onemanband View Post
    I think that was the other Toyota car.
    Yes. You are correct.

Kamui was in the 6 car which finished second. Either way, he's still the best option.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts

Rosbergs replacement

Mods, please kick this prik off here.
    Last edited by pino; 19th December 2016 at 18:27.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts
    He's gone
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    I said on post 9 on this thread a while ago that Bottas would get the drive .
    A Finnish friend of mine who know Bottas says he WILL get the drive .
    Di resta,Davidson,Buemi and other suggested names wont stand a change in fact I think Wehlien will perform in the Merc far better than any of the suggested names

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino View Post
    He's gone
    Thank you.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace View Post
    I said on post 9 on this thread a while ago that Bottas would get the drive .
    A Finnish friend of mine who know Bottas says he WILL get the drive .
    Di resta,Davidson,Buemi and other suggested names wont stand a change in fact I think Wehlien will perform in the Merc far better than any of the suggested names
    It all still depends on Massa retirement u-turn. Should Massa decide to stay in retirement Williams may be forced to keep Bottas or else Mercedes offer a bigger incentive to Williams.