Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    I'm wondering whether Alonso has a clause to get out of his McLaren contract
    Must do. I'd love to see him in the best car. Him being stuck mid pack just isn't right.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Shows Mercedes teams agenda so was to just get him a championship before he retired. Everything is making a lot more sense now.

It also shows that Nico Rosberg doesn't have the mental strength it takes to be top dog.
    Toto Wolf is on record being absolutely stunned by the news. They were about to re-sign him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Likes: Mia 01 (3rd December 2016)
    Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    As a mere mortal I can hardly believe anyone turning down the chance to race another year in, most likely, the fastest car.

5. Likes: andyone (4th December 2016),henners88 (2nd December 2016)
    Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yodasarmpit View Post
    As a mere mortal I can hardly believe anyone turning down the chance to race another year in, most likely, the fastest car.
    He has a young family that he misses for weeks at a time so I came sympathise with that. The racer in me can't understand it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Admin
    As I just said to pino I guess it depends on your motivation. For some, perhaps most, racing is what they want to do and all they want to do. For others, Rosberg and perhaps I can include Hakkinen in this list, they want to get to the top, to be the best, and once they are there, that's it, other goals to strive for.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Wow, I didn't see that coming, I bet Fernando is on the phone to Toto as we discuss this.

The effort he put in was clearly monumental which detrimentaly affected his family life. He achieved his life long goal and it was also going to be almost impossible to emulate his success next year and so why not sign out as WDC. Good on him. Good luck Nico.

9. Likes: Big Ben (2nd December 2016)
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    I am gobmacked and somewhat disappointed. I was looking forward to a battle of champions at Mercedes. He has a left big hole in F1 suddenly. He is liked very much and would be missed greatly l think.

I guess Alonso and Vettel are scrambling to make a deal to get into that seat. Though, l think it would be great for Mercedes to give Wehrlein a chance to prove himself. Which certainly make Ocon kick himself if that happens.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Shows Mercedes teams agenda so was to just get him a championship before he retired. Everything is making a lot more sense now.

It also shows that Nico Rosberg doesn't have the mental strength it takes to be top dog.
    classy

12. Likes: donKey jote (2nd December 2016),steveaki13 (2nd December 2016)
    Admin
    I'm sure everyone here knows this but if Button goes to Mercedes you should really say goes *back* to Mercedes as it's the team he won his WDC with in 2009.

Liked 52 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post

The effort he put in was clearly monumental which detrimentaly affected his family life. He achieved his life long goal and it was also going to be almost impossible to emulate his success next year and so why not sign out as WDC. Good on him. Good luck Nico.
    Taking the words out of my mouth...