Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
    Wow - could never have guessed that. Stepped out while at the top to take care of the important things at home. Really got to respect the guy for that. Rosberg has been my sons favorite driver for a number of years now, so we're going to miss him.
    Good luck in the future Nico - enjoy the time with your young family. Hopefully in another 15 - 20 years there will be another Rosberg on the F1 grid.

2. Likes: Mia 01 (3rd December 2016)
    Liked 46 Times in 41 Posts
    I can still remember Nico setting the fastest lap in his Bahrain gp debut. It took a decade of hard work to reach the pinnacle of motorsports. A quote from Ross Brawn sums it up. "Lucky is preparation waiting for opportunity." Wish him all the best in his next phase of life.

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Brave decision. With a young family, having achieved his life goal, you'd agree it's also the right and smart decision.

Takes guts to do that.

He's beaten the best on the grid - whether or not you think he had the luck - you gotta be there to take the opportunities.

Respect to the Rosbergs. Hope he enjoys his retirement and does not regret his decision.

5. Likes: henners88 (2nd December 2016)
    Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    I give his retirement a lifespan of two years--tops. He'll be back.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Shows Mercedes teams agenda so was to just get him a championship before he retired. Everything is making a lot more sense now.

It also shows that Nico Rosberg doesn't have the mental strength it takes to be top dog.
    You used to be a reasonable guy, but lately you are not coming across well........ sad to see. This is from someone who hopefully comes across quite neutral.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Wow...... unbelievable news in a way, but thinking about it. When you saw his comments after UAE he seemed spent. Anyway fair play to him. He has achieved his goal and no one despite the bitterness of some can take away from him.

I also think he could be back. I mean he might need a break and in 2018 might fancy some fun racing in a Williams again or Mclaren etc....

I hope the 2017 season sees real competition. I hoped that anyway but now with Hamilton v a likely youngster he would potentially win 15-18 of the races next season. If it was the same as this season.

Would love Fred to get one last chance at a top car but cant see it. Mercedes had enough controlling those two let alone Alonso who is very hard to be a team mate too.

Anyway congrats Nico on a great career. Lots of wins and lots of podiums. Plus a world championship
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    I wonder if Toto had an inkling ?
    seems like Mercedes did everything to aid his World Championship this year ,as Hamilton said Merc supply 8 engines every race weekend ,so why was he the ONLY driver to have problems .
    Whereas Hamilton made it look easy to qualify and race Rosberg always looked as if it was hard work .With the best car on the grid he became World Champion ,which he needs credit for I totally agree .
    But it lust be difficult when leaving for a race weekend wifey says ".Have a good weekend but be safe and don't forget me and daisy are waiting for you to come back"
    I can remember being at the side of Rosberg all those years ago just before he came into F1 ,on the Pit wall at the Valencia circuit .He had long hair and a long coat ,and was probably only 20 ish then .
    Anyway there retires another World Champion ,I don't ever think he will come back ,the Rosberg,s will all be Millionaires and don't need the money .But then what do you look fotward to doing on a weekend and what is going to give you the "Buzz" ?

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace View Post
    I wonder if Toto had an inkling ?
    seems like Mercedes did everything to aid his World Championship this year ,as Hamilton said Merc supply 8 engines every race weekend ,so why was he the ONLY driver to have problems .
    Whereas Hamilton made it look easy to qualify and race Rosberg always looked as if it was hard work .With the best car on the grid he became World Champion ,which he needs credit for I totally agree .
    But it lust be difficult when leaving for a race weekend wifey says ".Have a good weekend but be safe and don't forget me and daisy are waiting for you to come back"
    I can remember being at the side of Rosberg all those years ago just before he came into F1 ,on the Pit wall at the Valencia circuit .He had long hair and a long coat ,and was probably only 20 ish then .
    Anyway there retires another World Champion ,I don't ever think he will come back ,the Rosberg,s will all be Millionaires and don't need the money .But then what do you look fotward to doing on a weekend and what is going to give you the "Buzz" ?
    You are right, he would miss it after a while. It was a hard season for both Rosberg and Hamilton. But you have to admit that this season was the very best we have seen from Rosberg. He drove some truly magnificent races. And there were tough moment as he tried his best to overcome the psychological barrier that Hamilton had placed on him over the years. Hamilton definitely brought out the best in Rosberg this season. It must have been torturous to build a handsome lead and watch it also gradually disappear as the opposition ebbed away his lead. The stress this year must have been immense for both Mercedes drivers and the team management. Also 22 races must have been quite difficult for all participants. The 2016 season must be close to two pre-1980 seasons.

Spain and Austria were statements of intent to Hamilton that he was not going to roll over for the three times world champion at every fight at the corners. I think when we go back and watch this season over again we would see that Rosberg accounted for himself admirably. Most importantly, he beat Hamilton to the championship. It doesn't matter how he did it, history would remember that he did in this year 2016.

I am sad that he has pulled out but l wish him well in whatever he chooses to do in the future.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 2nd December 2016 at 23:23.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Once your kids are a little older they don't need you quite as much. He's still a young man and wouldn't be the first to retire then come back.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    Liked 156 Times in 153 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyL View Post
    I'm wondering whether Alonso has a clause to get out of his McLaren contract
    Alonzo would take it but I can't think of two drivers who hate each other more than Alonzo and Hamilton so I'm not sure about the dynamic. Merc would be wiser in the long run to go for a new young hotshot driver like Verstappen who could be World Champoin in just a year or two.
    Last edited by Stan Reid; 2nd December 2016 at 21:35.
    This is my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking

13. Likes: BleAivano (3rd December 2016)