Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    I hope by now even you realize how flawed this argument was. If Mercedes knew in advance that Rosberg would retire, they wouldn't have been caught with their pants down with regards to his replacement.
    No, they just had to make it look like they were caught with their pants down, Botas was probably already on a pre-season contract last year.

Toto and Lauda are Reptilians, part of the Illuminati betting syndicate and their base is at the Merc headquarters in Stuttgart... although they occasionally do also hold meetings at the Bohemian Grove in the US where this year they discussed who is going to win the F1 WDC in 2017 after deciding a date for going into Iran ... to start hosting GP there.
    Bernie is rumoured to have placed a 2 Billion dollar third party bet on Bottas.

But... I thought this was all common knowledge?

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    No, they just had to make it look like they were caught with their pants down, Botas was probably already on a pre-season contract last year.

Toto and Lauda are Reptilians, part of the Illuminati betting syndicate and their base is at the Merc headquarters in Stuttgart... although they occasionally do also hold meetings at the Bohemian Grove in the US where this year they discussed who is going to win the F1 WDC in 2017 after deciding a date for going into Iran ... to start hosting GP there.

Nice...
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Nice...
    Nice?

Do think I'm being serious? Maybe English is not your first language, I was joking BTW..

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts

I like the way you think. There is a place in Trump's cabinet if you want it.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Nice?

Do think I'm being serious? Maybe English is not your first language, I was joking BTW..

I mean nicely done
    William Shakespeare

Nice...
    I mean nicely done

Oh, OK, sorry... Ihought you were being sarcastic
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    they should have see this coming as he must have had a drivers contract escape clause or rosberg would be sued for breach of contract
    http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/op...s-then-and-now

maybe roisberg was pushed
    https://www.quora.com/What-points-ne...iver-contracts
    Length
    F1 contracts last usually 2-4 years. The length depends on the drivers ambitions and visions of the team in short term and the teams will to hire the driver.

Revoke rights
    The terms on which the contract can be terminated. Sebastian Vettels move to Ferrari was possible because of a such point in contract. It said that if he is not placed in a certain position in the championship standings by a certain date he can choose whether to end the contract or not. [1] Apparently the same performance clause can give the team the right to decide on the contract.

These are some of the important parts of the driver contract. There are many many more but I hope I didn't forget anything very important.
    Last edited by CNR; 26th December 2016 at 02:38.
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Well, Rosberg might have been in breach of contract, but I don't think Mercedes would be stupid enough to sue their most recent WDC. You can imagine that they'll have worked out an agreement behind closed doors.

Besides, it would be stupid to try and force a racing driver to keep racing once he's decided to hang his helmet.

Quote Originally Posted by CNR View Post
    they should have see this coming as he must have had a drivers contract escape clause or rosberg would be sued for breach of contract
    http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/op...s-then-and-now

maybe roisberg was pushed
    Length
    F1 contracts last usually 2-4 years. The length depends on the drivers ambitions and visions of the team in short term and the teams will to hire the driver.

Revoke rights
    The terms on which the contract can be terminated. Sebastian Vettels move to Ferrari was possible because of a such point in contract. It said that if he is not placed in a certain position in the championship standings by a certain date he can choose whether to end the contract or not. [1] Apparently the same performance clause can give the team the right to decide on the contract.

These are some of the important parts of the driver contract. There are many many more but I hope I didn't forget anything very important.
    If you remember, Mercedes only wanted to renew Rosberg for one season only. But Rosberg was able to negotiate a two season deal which would have taken him to 2018. Rosberg won the Title under some very strange circumstances and suddenly bows out inline with Mercede's original one year offer, would suggest there probably is more than meet the eyes.
    The two year deal was probably Rosberg thinking he needs at least two attempts to beat Hamilton to the drivers title. You could say in Rosberg's mind, he may have always had the intention to retire the instant he beats Hamilton; which he intended to do within the 2016/17 seasons.
    You could also say that Mercedes should have known that Rosberg was going to retire the moment he won the driver's title, based on innuendoes and body language read during the contract negotiations. It may have caught the rest of the world out, but by all account, this may have been laid down since 2015. But all in all, this is pure speculations.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 26th December 2016 at 09:49.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Rosberg didn't want to wait six years for another championship, despite driving a championship contending car for the majority of the time.