Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Those rule changes mainly impacted the Engine supplier rather than the constructor themselves. The impact to the chassis wasn't huge in the rules for 1989.
    SHENANIGANS!

The impact to the chassis is massive if you happen to be talking about an engine which is a stressed member of said chassis. The gearbox and entire rear suspension ever since about Ferrari 312T in 1975 quite literally hangs off the engine.

I reject your fantasy and substitute it with reality.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nem14 View Post
    Lauda: "Rosberg gave Mercedes no time for a back-up plan".

Wow! Mercedes didn't have a contingency plan in case their World Champion driver (which ever driver won the championship) decided to retire on top of his game?
    Come on Niki!
    But it is interesting that Rosberg dropped a bombshell like that on the Mercedes. He must have been unhappy with Mercedes about something. A more team friendly approach would have been to work out an exist strategy with the team rather than a shock exit with immediate effect. I can sympathize with Mercedes being caught out.

Most people think Mercedes has been favouring Rosberg, it might be Rosberg has a different opinion that Mercedes has been favouring Hamilton over him.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 5th December 2016 at 10:48.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    But it is interesting that Rosberg dropped a bombshell like that on the Mercedes. He must have been unhappy with Mercedes about something. A more team friendly approach would have been to work out an exist strategy with the team rather than a shock exit with immediate effect. I can sympathize with Mercedes being caught out.

Most people think Mercedes has been favouring Rosberg, it might be Rosberg has a different opinion that Mercedes has been favouring Hamilton over him.
    Maybe this season has drained him so much in the emotional and physical requirements to get that bit closer to Lewis, and the chances of having the better luck again being minimal, he's quitting while ahead?

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    Maybe this season has drained him so much in the emotional and physical requirements to get that bit closer to Lewis, and the chances of having the better luck again being minimal, he's quitting while ahead?
    I think he is tougher than that, but l do buy the quitting while ahead part. Even so, he could have done it in a way that does not place Mercedes in an uncomfortable position. It is beginning to seem there is some level of protest in is decision.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    I think he is tougher than that, but l do buy the quitting while ahead part. Even so, he could have done it in a way that does not place Mercedes in an uncomfortable position. It is beginning to seem there is some level of protest in is decision.
    He think he overestimated his ability to cope on the same emotional level personally.

6. Likes: driveace (6th December 2016)
    Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    As much as Rosberg - to me -is a boring personality and driver, you have to respect the way he went out.

Spiced up the silly season too which already was looking good with the rule changes.
    Last edited by Storm; 8th December 2016 at 15:42.
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Joe Saward has just posted a very lucid article on Mercedes' prospects for 2016. According to him, the most likely options are Bottas and Grosjean, with Sainz a distant third. It's surprising that he isn't mentioning Wehrlein as a replacement for Rosberg.

Here's the article: https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2016...y-in-brackley/

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    I think Rosberg is has got into the "the grass is greener on the other side" thinking. He thought the life in F1 racing was tough and not worth it considering other (unknown) opportunities that await him, be it a happy family life or something else. But I think there is a good chance that a couple of years later he'll realize that the grass on the other side is just as grey as on this side, and then he might regret quitting F1 or perhaps will try to return.

Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    Joe Saward has just posted a very lucid article on Mercedes' prospects for 2016. According to him, the most likely options are Bottas and Grosjean, with Sainz a distant third. It's surprising that he isn't mentioning Wehrlein as a replacement for Rosberg.

Here's the article: https://joesaward.wordpress.com/2016...y-in-brackley/
    I think he is on to something there. Bottas would be great for Mercedes. He is fast and has a very mellow personality that would complement Hamilton very well. There is the obvious problem of Toto being linked to Mercedes and Bottas's management team which might have legal consequences. But l can see why it would work as both teams involved have mutual benefit from the deal.

Grojeans as candidate for the seat is interesting. It may work if Haas expectations are within Mercedes' minimum budget plus a new home for Wehrlein. It doesn't help that Grosjean was not a Mercedes man.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    The Finns say Bottas