Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: WRC Trophy

Hybrid View

Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts

WRC Trophy

Good thing that FIA allowes a Trophy for year old cars and older.
    Hopefully that can create a good fight, and get good teams to run them.

On the other hand R5s are cheaper to run over a season, and not that much slower.

Will the WRC be a success in 2017?

Liked 5,530 Times in 2,289 Posts
    As far as Bertelli's and others can get 2017 car, no!

Liked 340 Times in 171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre Oliveira View Post
    As far as Bertelli's and others can get 2017 car, no!
    Bertelli has plans for three rallies with the new WRC 2017. Could do other seven rallies with the 2016 version on WRC Trophy

Liked 2,261 Times in 892 Posts
    Very interested to see how this develops. Would have made a lot of sense to have this back in 2012 when there were loads of private WRC guys - but better late than never.

I do understand what N.O.T is saying in terms of, it's not about how many WRC cars are on an entry list, but it's how quickly they are being driven. But at the same time I like seeing these cars and anything that keeps the Polo, NG i20, DS3 etc on the stages is good for me as a spectator.

Whether the trophy will be competitive, or winning it will really mean anything, remains to be seen. I haven't seen any entry criteria for drivers - only the cars. So what could happen is, for arguments sake, Esapekka Lappi enters in a VW Polo and scares off all the possible competition.
    RS Motorsport Media - Follow me on Instagram: rsmotorsportmedia

Liked 140 Times in 86 Posts
    With VW pulling out and therefore more drivers than seats at the top than this year it would make sense if there were a manufacturer's version of this championship i.e. somewhere to put Camilli (should M-Sport need space for Ogier), Abbring, Lappi/Suninen (depending on which one isn't sharing a Yaris WRC with Hanninen & whoever Toyota sign out of Latvala & Mikkelsen) and Breen/Lefevbre (depending on which one isn't sharing a C3 WRC with Meeke & Ogier, should Citroen sign the latter). Also might not scare people off if, as Simmi says, someone like Lappi could wipe the floor with the privateer guys.

6. Likes: pantealex (1st December 2016)
    Liked 99 Times in 48 Posts
    Little of topic. Anybody know if these old 16 cars can have 36 mm turbo restrictor season 2017? Would be interesting to see some drivers driving these 16 cars next season. 16 cars can be quite close in speed compared 17 cars if they allow 36 mm restrictors. atleast first half of the season before 17 get more handling and better setups.

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thousandlakes View Post
    Little of topic. Anybody know if these old 16 cars can have 36 mm turbo restrictor season 2017? Would be interesting to see some drivers driving these 16 cars next season. 16 cars can be quite close in speed compared 17 cars if they allow 36 mm restrictors. atleast first half of the season before 17 get more handling and better setups.
    I don't think that it's a good idea for privateer trophy. 36 mm restrictor would definitely decrease the reliability and shorten the rebuilt-periods for 2016 cars. They were not designed for 36 mm.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    I believe that WRC16 means WRC16, so cars will be 2016 regulations. (not with 2017 restrictors etc.)
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 99 Times in 48 Posts
    Is 36 mm make so big difference for reliability? That's another question. Just imagine that we have more powerful cars on the line in 17. That would be great and privateers can have a chance to fight better results in overall standings.
    Last edited by Thousandlakes; 1st December 2016 at 16:27.

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thousandlakes View Post
    Is 36 mm make so big difference for reliability? That's another question. Just imagine that we have more powerful cars on the line in 17. That would be great and privateers can have a chance to fight better results in overall standings.
    It's roughly 80 Hp difference, higher rpm etc. Yes, in my opinion it is a big difference for reliability but I may be wrong. Also the cooling may be an issue.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump