Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
    Liked 290 Times in 113 Posts
    Thanks to the crack journalists that cover the WRC, we literally just found out that there is another new regulation for this year: onboard tyre pressure monitoring.

2. Likes: itix (6th October 2017)
    Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnybobiche View Post
    Thanks to the crack journalists that cover the WRC, we literally just found out that there is another new regulation for this year: onboard tyre pressure monitoring.
    Heard that on the radio today too.

Seriously, if WRC could get the technical journalism that F1 has... It is literally the only aspect of F1 that is better.

4. Likes: AMSS (6th October 2017),AndyRAC (8th October 2017),Mirek (6th October 2017),sonnybobiche (7th October 2017),TyPat107 (8th October 2017)
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Was just watching a stage start and started to wonder, what changes in the engine mapping between road mode and stage mode to give such a different sound to the engine?
    2009 Colorado Rally Cup Champion & 2009 CHCA Rookie Of the Year

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TyPat107 View Post
    Was just watching a stage start and started to wonder, what changes in the engine mapping between road mode and stage mode to give such a different sound to the engine?
    its a completely different map ,very mild that don't stress the engine.

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    Heard that on the radio today too.

Seriously, if WRC could get the technical journalism that F1 has... It is literally the only aspect of F1 that is better.
    Have to agree with this; but not only F1; the GT/LMP Sportscars technical journalism is streets ahead as well.

They obviously think WRC fans aren't particularly interested in that side of the sport - or they themselves aren qualified to write about it.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 134 Times in 93 Posts
    My opinion (and I'm not expert at all):

1. M-Sport Ford Fiesta WRC - Tehnical best car at the moment, handling maybe not.

2. Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC - Suspension worst of all (just a little impacts & huge damage) but fast car.

3. Toyota Yaris WRC - Tehnical problems still (Latvala's car), maybe best handling.

4. Citroen C3 WRC - Bumpy conditions = disaster. Dominant car on tarmac.

Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts
    Hyundai
    Untitled.jpg
    Last edited by quick; 11th October 2017 at 19:39.

10. Likes: dimviii (8th October 2017),sonnybobiche (8th October 2017),TWRC (8th October 2017)
    Liked 44 Times in 18 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TyPat107 View Post
    The biggest difference in sound comes from the anti-lag system or ALS. Here, you can hear it activate on some cars before they rev up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5SjKyP3Wk0
    Last edited by Mrpengski; 8th October 2017 at 16:17.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESTR View Post
    My opinion (and I'm not expert at all):

1. M-Sport Ford Fiesta WRC - Tehnical best car at the moment, handling maybe not.

2. Hyundai i20 Coupe WRC - Suspension worst of all (just a little impacts & huge damage) but fast car.

3. Toyota Yaris WRC - Tehnical problems still (Latvala's car), maybe best handling.

4. Citroen C3 WRC - Bumpy conditions = disaster. Dominant car on tarmac.
    Citroen is fast on tarmac, hard to handle on gravel
    Toyota is fast on very fast roads (gravel or tarmac)
    Hyundai is seems to be the best overall but they struggled a lot in Finland with the big jumps.
    Ford is quite equal on all surfaces.

As far as reliability, I think Ford has had the least issues, but I'd have to make a list to be sure

Liked 713 Times in 337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Citroen is fast on tarmac, hard to handle on gravel
    Toyota is fast on very fast roads (gravel or tarmac)
    Hyundai is seems to be the best overall but they struggled a lot in Finland with the big jumps.
    Ford is quite equal on all surfaces.

As far as reliability, I think Ford has had the least issues, but I'd have to make a list to be sure
    For me.
    FORD - Has developed into the best overall package at the minute, engine seems very strong.

HYUNDAI - Still pretty strong overall, but but a few cracks appearing (no pun intended). Understeer in high traction, weakness of castings to impacts.

TOYOTA - Best chassis, but the team is still learning event to event and the car isn't always on point at the beginning. Reliability still an issue.

CITROEN - Inconsistent, the best on smooth, high traction. Watching the live TV it is clear as day, it just turns a tighter line than the others and can be driven within itself. On low traction, bumpy surfaces its all over the place. Suspension seems the worst of all. I guess we will see in Wales/Australia if the recent testing has made some gains.