Page 25 of 52 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Liked 52 Times in 28 Posts
    I will try to explain it again, what I think.

When accelerating from a corner you have: open front diff (defective locking system), locked centre diff (works OK), locked rear diff. (works OK).

In that situation Front and rear axle spin at same speed (locked c. diff) - rear axle works OK, - front inside wheel spins (because it is unweighted) outside rear wheel transfers same amount of torque (open f. diff) as inside one (very little or zero, if wheel is lifted)... effectively you have RWD.
    Last edited by J_n_z; 21st April 2017 at 09:51.

Liked 233 Times in 115 Posts
    I see, thanks for clarifying J_n_z – yes, if the problem was on the front diff only, then this will be possible.

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Question is, does rally Corsica has so many sharp corners to cause front insight wheel to spin?

Liked 52 Times in 28 Posts
    I think that it can happen in all corners not only in tight ones, it can happen also when cutting corner over grass, or it is half dirty... It also can become difficult to save oversterings.

Definitely WRC car need some locking in f. diff.

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    guys you must be a bit confused,front diff at wrc cars have no hydraulics at all.They are plated diffs.
    Focus rs 4wd system is a simple and cheap way to have 4wdrive. There is no comparison to active center diff from Mitsubishi evos various editions,which is a proper active diff.

Quote Originally Posted by J_n_z View Post
    I will try to explain it again, what I think.

When accelerating from a corner you have: open front diff (defective locking system), locked centre diff (works OK), locked rear diff. (works OK).
    no its not like that.Accelerating from corners you don't have an opened front diff,neither locked rear diff.

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    no its not like that.Accelerating from corners you don't have an opened front diff,neither locked rear diff.
    The point was IF it was defective, it could act as an open diff. All speculation, as we really don't know at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ctesibios View Post
    The point was IF it was defective, it could act as an open diff. All speculation, as we really don't know at the moment.
    according to Msport they had problems with hydraulics.
    Front diff has no hydraylics at all,thats why I said that some are confused.

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
    Anybody know the list of all devices that use hydraulics in the current, 2017, WRC cars?

Liked 233 Times in 115 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    according to Msport they had problems with hydraulics.
    Front diff has no hydraylics at all,thats why I said that some are confused.
    Thanks dimviii, just from curiosity point of view - do we know this for certain (about the mechanical front diff on the current WRC cars) and if yes, one more question – how do we know this ?