Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Liked 290 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NickRally View Post
    It is not easy to talk about the wing mirror stays when we don’t know the specific tech rules regarding aero (remember form 400/01 WRC), which means the changes could have been provoked by having to comply with some initially grey area in the rules, which was then clarified or they could have come about as a result of evolution in the aero concept of the complete car, i.e. changes to the rear wing might have come as a package deal together with the mirror stays for example.
    Yes that form 400/01 is the bane of my existence. Why oh why do they feel the need to be secretive about the damn technical regulations?

For what it's worth I just asked craig scarborough on twitter what he thought of the mirror wings and he said they're probably lousy, very high drag and little downforce. So maybe they got rid of them for that reason.

Liked 21 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    Another indication how much of an amateur team they are in their current format.
    An upgrade from "village" team.
    An amateur team that won a rally before the championship started in Mexico . . . . . .

친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mozesii View Post
    won a rally
    you spelled worthless flop of nothingness wrong

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    C'mon this is a tech analysis thread but some of you start to play kindergarten games. Back to topic now, I really do not care to read who spelled wrongly etc.
    I would really appreciate if we could return to tech stuff and leave nonsense to Bar talk thread. Thank you!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

5. Likes: Mirek (16th March 2017),OldF (16th March 2017),Toyoda (16th March 2017)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    Another indication how much of an amateur team they are in their current format.
    and Ford´s gearbox thing is indication of Professional Teams way to do things ?
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

7. Likes: OldF (16th March 2017),Rallyper (16th March 2017)
    Liked 313 Times in 137 Posts
    I didn’t find anything in English about the Toyota’s homologation issue in Monte so I did some kind of translations of key issues.

http://yle.fi/urheilu/3-9413001

- Se ensimmäinen asia liittyi auton mittoihin. FIA otti mitat hieman eri paikasta mitan auton pohjalevystä iskunvaimentimen yläpäähän. Siinä taisi olla jokin sentin heitto, ja se johtui lähinnä luokitustodistuksen tulkinnasta.

- The first thing related to the dimensions of the car. The FIA took the dimensions from a little different point from the base plate to the upper end of the shock absorber. There was a difference about one centimetre, and it was mainly due to the interpretation of the homologation form.

- Saimme tähän asiaan muilta tiimeiltä hyväksynnän, voimme osallistua Monte Carlo -ralliin ja korjaamme asiat jo Ruotsin osakilpailuun, Mäkinen täsmentää.

- We got the approval from the other teams for this issue, we can participate in the Monte Carlo - rally and we will fix things by the Swedish rally, Mäkinen explains.

- Toinen juttu oli imuventtiili, jonka alihankkijamme oli vahingossa koonnut neljästä osasta, kun pakoventtiili oli sääntöjen mukaisesti kolmesta osasta. Silläkään asialla ei ole mitään vaikutusta suorituskykyyn, sillä materiaalit olivat aivan sääntöjen mukaisia.

- Another thing was the intake valve which was accidentally assembled of four parts by the subcontractor, when the exhaust valve should consist of three parts according to the regulations. Even that don’t have any effect on performance, because the materials completely comply with the regulations.

Pientä närää aiheutti myös kansainvälisen autoliitto FIA:n halu muuttaa joitakin aerodynamiikkaosiin liittyviä sääntöjä viime hetkessä. lisäkustannuksia tuli usealle tiimille.

A slight resentment was caused by FIA's desire to change some of the regulations of aerodynamics parts at last minute. That caused additional costs for several teams.

http://www.ksml.fi/urheilu/Toyotassa...fbb2bfb207c983

Tieto Toyotan laittomista osista piti paikkansa, mutta Jari-Matti Latvala ja Juho Hänninen saivat lähtöluvan kauden ensimmäiseen MM-ralliin, koska asia oli etukäteen sovittu Kansainvälisen autoliiton FIA:n kanssa.

The information of Toyota’s illegal parts was true, but Jari-Matti Latvala and Juho Hänninen received permission to start the season in the first World Championship rally, because the matter was agreed in advance with FIA.

M-Sportin tallipäällikkö Malcolm Wilson antoi mielellään hyväksyntänsä Toyotan erityisluvalle.

– Me kaikki teemme virheitä, me mukaan lukien, joten totta kai hyväksyimme Toyotan erivapauden, koska sillä ei ollut vaikutusta auton suorituskykyyn, Wilson korosti.

M-Sport team boss Malcolm Wilson willingly gave his approval for Toyota's special permission.

- We all make mistakes, including us, so of course we adopted Toyota's dispensation, since it had no effect on the car's performance, Wilson stressed.

– Meillä oli eri näkemys mitasta, joka otetaan auton pohjan tasosta iskunvaimentajan yläpäähän. Se ero oli jotain 12 milliä. Toinen asia liittyi imuventtiilin valmistusmenetelmään. Kumpikaan asia ei vaikuta auton suorituskykyyn, Mäkinen vakuutti.

- We had a different view of the dimension, which is measured from car base level to the upper end of shock absorbers. That difference was something like 12 mm. The second case concerned the manufacturing process of the intake valve. Neither of these things do not affect the car's performance, Mäkinen assured.

FIA ja Toyota Gazoo Racing kävivät Yariksen korin luokituksen läpi jouluviikolla.

FIA and Toyota Gazoo Racing made the bodyshell homologation check of the Yaris during the Christmas week.
    “Don’t eat the yellow snow” Frank Zappa

9. Likes: A FONDO (16th March 2017),abxyz (16th March 2017),cali (17th March 2017),dimviii (16th March 2017),Jeppe (16th March 2017),Mirek (16th March 2017),Rally Power (17th March 2017),sonnybobiche (16th March 2017),TWRC (16th March 2017)
    Liked 52 Times in 28 Posts
    I dont know if it was mentioned before...

C3 has clearly different front suspension setup for gravel and tarmac;
    - gravel.. https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6vbR3DXAAInVgK.jpg
    - tarmac (at 0:16) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm0o...ature=youtu.be

11. Likes: Mirek (21st March 2017),N.O.T (21st March 2017),sonnybobiche (21st March 2017)
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Yes, it was mentioned already in this thread. The tarmac front strut is made in Fabia R5 way while the gravel one is more common type with angled and longer damper.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 386 Times in 167 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Yes, it was mentioned already in this thread. The tarmac front strut is made in Fabia R5 way while the gravel one is more common type with angled and longer damper.
    Hyundai R5 also has similar front strut body angle

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Thanks, I have never noticed that. You are right.

Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump