Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Liked 21 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    you must be new here kid...
    You must be the dinosaur

2. Likes: hsmed (12th February 2017),skarderud (10th February 2017)
    친애하는 지도자
    Liked 2,720 Times in 1,256 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mozesii View Post
    You must be the dinosaur
    i have built this place kid.

4. Likes: dimviii (10th February 2017),EstWRC (10th February 2017)
    Liked 21 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.T View Post
    i have built this place kid.
    My point exactly dinosaur

Liked 1,505 Times in 894 Posts
    What Nicolas are do at 26:00 here https://www.facebook.com/vincent.ver...0549309801771/ ?
    Some stickers to radiator? But why?

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KKS View Post
    What Nicolas are do at 26:00 here https://www.facebook.com/vincent.ver...0549309801771/ ?
    Some stickers to radiator? But why?
    at very cold climate are blocking some air to the coolers(air/water) to help the engine work at normal temps.
    All wrc cars at Sweden have some kind of these.

Liked 798 Times in 380 Posts
    Just a thought.
    With the extended Aero, and in this specific, the flat floor and diffusor, will work better the closer to the ground it is. Are off's like meekes today be a result of gambling with rideheight? It was some real weird car-behaveior in the last corners egen you see the inboard from the insident.

Sent fra min XP7700 via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    Just a thought.
    With the extended Aero, and in this specific, the flat floor and diffusor, will work better the closer to the ground it is. Are off's like meekes today be a result of gambling with rideheight? It was some real weird car-behaveior in the last corners egen you see the inboard from the insident.
    I think he was just too fast there, the car didn't turn. But in theory, yes, the low pressure area beneath the car is weaker with bigger ride height.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 1,505 Times in 894 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    at very cold climate are blocking some air to the coolers(air/water) to help the engine work at normal temps.
    All wrc cars at Sweden have some kind of these.
    They do this after/before each stage? For road/stage mode?

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    I ve seen it at stage mode.Probably is up to what temperatures they have.

Liked 233 Times in 115 Posts
    Here is my first attempt at creating an aero analysis of the 2017 WRC cars. There is always a risk of making oneself look like a fool when doing this, but I’ll give it a go . I will start with the Fiesta and will expand with all the other cars as and when I have the time, but I can already see some very interesting features on the Yaris. I am also no expert on the regulations and although I have downloaded them, the nature in which they are presented is very different to the world of ground up designed racing cars where I come from, which makes the WRC tech regs a real challenge for me to follow.

1. Ford Fiesta

Fiesta diffuser with notes 1.JPG

The diffuser on the Fiesta appears to be the shallowest (1) of them all, this is not necessarily a disadvantage in terms of aero, but it is quite modest in comparison to the rest of the field. The transition area into the diffuser (2) is quite narrow as dictated by the suspension arm protectors (3), which in turn, at their trailing edge, do not form a continuous transition into the diffuser, though they probably provide a nice skirted area around the central floor into the diffuser transition, which would help with accelerating the air flow and reducing the air pressure further there. Nevertheless, integrating the trailing edges nicely into the diffuser surface (notwithstanding the technical challenges involved in this) may deliver an added benefit (something that appears to be done on the Yaris on some of the images). The diffuser streaks appear to extend below the surface of the flat floor in front of the diffuser, but I suspect this is optical illusion and like in many other forms of mototsport they are not allowed to do so, but once again a proper read of the tech regs should provide an answer to this question.
    Moving towards the front of the car, there appears to be a non-flat area, which I don’t know if it is because of the tech regs/homologation or it is done for creating an aero benefit. The image is not clear enough for me to see what happens there, but I can see similar features on the Yaris, though on some of the images of the Toyota from testing, I can also clearly see additional diffusers in front of the rear wheels, though more on this later.

Regards,
    Nick

13. Likes: Allar (16th February 2017),b3637853 (13th February 2017),seb_sh (14th February 2017)