Page 19 of 52 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
    Liked 55 Times in 29 Posts
    Here, we can see the pipes to lead fresh air to the rear brakes of other cars. It seems that Hyundai removes the sticker on the inlet which was there in MC and Sweden (low temps for these events)

http://wrc.is.free.fr

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    An interesting thing is that there are three channels in Ford - one presumably leading to the rear differential and two seem to lead to the brake but why two? Do they intend to increase effectiveness by sending the air on larger area of the disc or is it for some other reason (or cooling of different part)?

Also I haven't seen yet any photo of Yaris with hoses installed at the rear axle. Do they use them at all? Also the damper canister is at the frontal side of the strut i.e. possibly affecting the air flow coming to the brakes (not that it wouldn't enjoy some cooling).

It's also interesting that Hyundai has the air intakes so high under the windows. I guess that it must be to prevent dirt coming into the air channel.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 467 Times in 284 Posts
    Yes, there were pictures of C3 with that hole full of gravel before they put a net. Hyundai invented it much better.

4. Likes: dimviii (8th March 2017),sonnybobiche (9th March 2017)
    Liked 233 Times in 115 Posts
    I wouldn’t be surprised if, of the two pipes on the Fiesta leading to the brake system, one is delivering air to the centre of the disc and the other to the calliper.

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post

Also I haven't seen yet any photo of Yaris with hoses installed at the rear axle. Do they use them at all?
    Is it possible the hose is traveling via the diff, and then outward, blowing perpendiculary?

Liked 52 Times in 28 Posts
    Can someone tell something about different gravel tyre profiles, what is the difference...?

Here we can see one Michelin option https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6WNfoCU4AAy7Su.jpg
    Here is an other (as far as I know this one is more used) https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6QdjXNVUAEnzjU.jpg

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post

Also I haven't seen yet any photo of Yaris with hoses installed at the rear axle. Do they use them at all? .

9. Likes: A FONDO (8th March 2017),Mirek (8th March 2017),traxx (10th March 2017)
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J_n_z View Post
    Can someone tell something about different gravel tyre profiles, what is the difference...?

Here we can see one Michelin option https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6WNfoCU4AAy7Su.jpg
    Here is an other (as far as I know this one is more used) https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C6QdjXNVUAEnzjU.jpg
    I think that this year WRC and WRC2 tyres aren't same. The new cars with much more aero downforce and stronger engines need more durable tyres.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 14 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by traxx View Post
    Here, we can see the pipes to lead fresh air to the rear brakes of other cars. It seems that Hyundai removes the sticker on the inlet which was there in MC and Sweden (low temps for these events)

The trailing edge of the floor at the junction of the rear wheel arch on the Hyundai seems to have a diffuser like profile. Ie, the section of floor between the front and rear wheel arches ends with a curved profile at the rear. Possibly the Toyota also?

12. Likes: Mirek (9th March 2017)
    Liked 386 Times in 167 Posts
    What are the black tunnels on the Citroen leaving out from the rear boot to the bottom? Seems a bit extensive if it`s just cabin pressure removal, and if it was that than why lead them to the bottom?

14. Likes: sonnybobiche (9th March 2017)