Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Mercedes get donkey of the year for me for costing the best driver the championship.
    If Hamilton had finished 7th or higher in Malaysia, he would have won the title.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/37534044
    To be fighting for the championship and only my engines are failing just doesn't sit right with me.
    - 2nd Oct 2016

Apart from a 7th in China and a 5th in Baku, Hamilton finished 3rd or higher in every single GP.

How do we know that Nico wasn't just more sympathetic to the machinery?
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CNR View Post
    Lewis Hamilton

all it would have taken is 1.685 Sec + 2 passes for him to have came 3rd
    1 Lewis Hamilton - Mercedes 25 1:38:04.013 186.824
    2 Nico Rosberg - Mercedes 18 +0.439 Sec 186.81
    3 Sebastian Vettel - Ferrari 15 +0.843 Sec 186.797
    4 Max Verstappen - Red Bull 12 +1.685 Sec 186.771
    if iit had been any one other then Vettel would Hamilton's plan to cheat worked ? kids should be tort not to look up to some one that is prepared to cheat to get what they do not deserve
    Accusing someone of cheating is a strong assertion. Can you explain what rule was broken resulting in your charge of cheating? I watched the race and I am pretty sure I did not see Hamilton break a rule.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

3. Likes: henners88 (28th November 2016),steveaki13 (28th November 2016)
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    When did he cheat? He raced at the front a a pace he chose.

Why would you want him to win by 20 seconds and have the dullest race of the season? I don't get that. I would do the same.

Motorsport is not about being flat out all day. It's about winning the race by 0.1 or a lap. Then it's all about winning the championship. I cannot get anyone who expects a driver to win by 15 to show how good he is but lose the title. What's the point. He didn't push anyone off, make contact. He defended his position to try and get the title after a seasons work.

Pretty sure Vettel, Alonso, Schumacher and Senna would have done the same.

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

5. Likes: driveace (28th November 2016),henners88 (28th November 2016)
    Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    Pretty sure Vettel, Alonso, Schumacher and Senna would have done the same.
    Schumacher proved that he was deliberately slow in Suzuka 1999 by putting in the fastest lap at the end to show that the car was capable. Had he bothered to challenge Hakkinen and beat him, then Irvine would have been World Champion and been the first to break the Ferrari drought.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Mercedes manufactured the title for Rosberg German Driver German Team ! Vettel had no intention of passing Rosberg German driver again We have just had Brexit because we don't trust the Germans .
    In my thoughts Mercedes realized that without help Rosberg was never going to win a world championship He is 31 Hamilton is also 31 BUT has 3 world titles behind him .Maxy will have 1 or 3 world titles before he is 31 too AND once a driver gets married has children every man and his dog knows that the speed drops with the wifey reminding them "Have a good race BUT remember me and Daisy" So he becomes more cautious and slower Cannot see Rosberg EVER winning another world championship !

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Merc doesn't deserve any hassle for telling Hamilton he needed to be faster . They were obligated to do so .
    As a team , they acted to secure the best result they could , and to do otherwise was to be unfair to one driver .

To add to the idea , it should be understood that they actually had financial incentive to get fewer points in this race , as the entry fee is calculated partially on them , so to have encouraged the move would possibly have resulted in it being seen as a very cynical , and not very sporting idea .

They didn't want to , but they had to .

Looking back now , they told him not to try it early in the race , as they'd have pit strategy to counter it .
    But , I think they expected it near the end , as Lewis had no other choice .

If they don't accept a "sorry , but I had no choice" , and actually sanction him , then perhaps they deserve a donkey .

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Merc doesn't deserve any hassle for telling Hamilton he needed to be faster . They were obligated to do so .
    As a team , they acted to secure the best result they could , and to do otherwise was to be unfair to one driver .

To add to the idea , it should be understood that they actually had financial incentive to get fewer points in this race , as the entry fee is calculated partially on them , so to have encouraged the move would possibly have resulted in it being seen as a very cynical , and not very sporting idea .

They didn't want to , but they had to .

Looking back now , they told him not to try it early in the race , as they'd have pit strategy to counter it .
    But , I think they expected it near the end , as Lewis had no other choice .

If they don't accept a "sorry , but I had no choice" , and actually sanction him , then perhaps they deserve a donkey .
    Bagwan, c'mon, save it for something you really care about.

The merc management kind of like to micro-manage things abit. I think they would be much happier with a pair of Androids driving the cars. With the constructor's championship in the bag, Mercedes had nothing to lose if both cars did not win the race. It would not affect prize money or corporate pride or anything worth talking about.

They behaved just as poorly as Hamilton's response to it. It was a real disappointment to hear Paddy get on the Radio to say what he said. Very disappointing!
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 28th November 2016 at 15:22.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

10. Likes: truefan72 (28th November 2016)
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Pedant alert;

Tort = Legal terminology
    Taught = to teach.

Thanks.

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
    Hamilton was so dominant that even slowing down deliberately and for umpteen laps--they couldn't get close to him. Donkey? No way. Driver of the Race--certainly--with MV a close second.

13. Likes: driveace (29th November 2016)
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    As long as Nico had 3rd covered he had no need to go anywhere near Lewis. Why put yourself in a position where the possibility exists that he can take you out but carry on himself?