Quote Originally Posted by BleAivano View Post
Racing is about being the fast driver/rider. Racing/Rally/etc is not about intentionally slowing down (in the way Ham did) to try get an advantage.
Ok if the track/road conditions are really bad but that wasn't the case today.

I have seen this several times before in other motorsport branches like WRC and speedway where the leader intentionally slowed down or even stopping to gain advantages.
That kind of stuff has no place in motorsport and should be considered unsportsmanlike conduct that should be connected to subsequent penalties should anyone try it again.
I think F1 fans have gone particularly soft of late to be honest. Is it still ok to back drivers up during a safety car to gain an advantage like they all do, or when drivers help their teammates by backing up opponents to let the other pull away? Or has a precedent been set now by Lewis and it's suddenly unacceptable?

There was never any question Lewis was going to win the race. What he couldn't do was fight with Nico unless he slowed down and that is the epitome of a world champion. It didn't work but he tried it and ended the season as the dominant teammate. You can't blame him for trying to fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk