Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts

Donkey of the Race UAE

Personally I think it was Mercedes. To honestly believe that all drivers would except winning that race by 10 seconds when the title slips away is nonsense.

They try and control everything these days after saying the would let them race. Dont get me wrong. I know why they worried, because they had a win on the cards, but they come out afterwards saying we need to speak to Lewis and find out if he had a problem slowing him down?????

I mean come on. Treating people like idiots. They wanted the 1-2 but they cant be surprised that Lewis did what he did. Most drivers would do similar. Albeit not as many would have the guts to go against the team for their championship.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

2. Likes: truefan72 (27th November 2016)
    Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Yup!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    The only thing at the GP that looked more out of place than Mercedes strategy was Paris Hilton looking gormless in the Ferrari pit.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Mercedes for trying to stop Hamilton fighting for the championship. They need to realise fans don't want to see fake results and drivers employing clever tactics is what makes the racing exciting, especially when it's a one team domination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes: truefan72 (27th November 2016)
    Liked 1,075 Times in 601 Posts
    Lewis Hamilton. People complain about Vettel but this guy "I'm in front, I see nothing wrong". "I'm not going to be hailed and fawned over so who cares."
    What a chode.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

8. Likes: COD (27th November 2016),gm99 (27th November 2016),Mia 01 (27th November 2016)
    Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    Hamilton.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    ^^ haha... I write that with a rather smug look on my face.

It's nice to see a driver like Lewis be recognised as the better driver but whined about for his tactics. Excellent stuff and very positive going into the winter break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Likes: truefan72 (27th November 2016)
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by COD View Post
    Hamilton.
    Can I ask why?

Surely his tactics gave us the excitement at the end? Did you not enjoy the tension of the last 10 laps? Or was it something else
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    Personally I think it was Mercedes. To honestly believe that all drivers would except winning that race by 10 seconds when the title slips away is nonsense.

They try and control everything these days after saying the would let them race. Dont get me wrong. I know why they worried, because they had a win on the cards, but they come out afterwards saying we need to speak to Lewis and find out if he had a problem slowing him down?????

I mean come on. Treating people like idiots. They wanted the 1-2 but they cant be surprised that Lewis did what he did. Most drivers would do similar. Albeit not as many would have the guts to go against the team for their championship.
    Well that just sums everything up really within the Mercedes camp. They were more worried about Nico losing the championship than they were Lewis winning it.

Mercedes get donkey of the year for me for costing the best driver the championship.

14. Likes: truefan72 (27th November 2016)
    Liked 317 Times in 182 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    Can I ask why?

Surely his tactics gave us the excitement at the end? Did you not enjoy the tension of the last 10 laps? Or was it something else
    Racing is about being the fast driver/rider. Racing/Rally/etc is not about intentionally slowing down (in the way Ham did) to try get an advantage.
    Ok if the track/road conditions are really bad but that wasn't the case today.

I have seen this several times before in other motorsport branches like WRC and speedway where the leader intentionally slowed down or even stopping to gain advantages.
    That kind of stuff has no place in motorsport and should be considered unsportsmanlike conduct that should be connected to subsequent penalties should anyone try it again.
    ...Funny how ev'rything was roses when we held on to the guns...

16. Likes: COD (30th November 2016),Mia 01 (27th November 2016),N4D13 (27th November 2016)