Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
    As long as Nico had 3rd covered he had no need to go anywhere near Lewis. Why put yourself in a position where the possibility exists that he can take you out but carry on himself?
    From his perspective he did the right thing and stayed out of trouble. From a fan perspective we want to see a fight and the world champion win it in style rather than play it safe from a points deficit obtained from his teammates reliability issues. It was very calculated and very Prost. I don't think any of us can really criticise his approach as he did just enough. It would have been nice to see a spectacular show down though after a rather dull season.

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace View Post
    We have just had Brexit because we don't trust the Germans
    Enough of the xenophobic rants... you've just had your (narrow majority in a referendum for) Brexit . You were never really in in the first place, bunch of whinging trojan poodles.
    If it does come to full Brexit, about bloody time and good riddance!
    I've already got my Irish passport
    Last edited by donKey jote; 28th November 2016 at 21:16.
    United in diversity !!!

I do love how some Europeans say good riddance but have been happy with UK money along with France and Germany propping up the money pot for so long lol. I voted Remain but now fully support full Brexit off the back of how childish some nations have been. Good riddance indeed.

4. Likes: driveace (29th November 2016)
    Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Donkey of the race - Hamilton. Sick and tired of his childish, petulant attitude. His comments about the team costing him his championship, because he was asked not to sabotage his team mates challenge were quite pathetic. Even his fan club i.e. Sky Sport commentary team were unimpressed by this nonsense.

6. Likes: COD (30th November 2016)
    Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    Accusing someone of cheating is a strong assertion. Can you explain what rule was broken resulting in your charge of cheating? I watched the race and I am pretty sure I did not see Hamilton break a rule.
    cheat

/tʃiːt/

verb

gerund or present participle: cheating

act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage.
    "she always cheats at cards"

•gain an advantage over or deprive of something by using unfair or deceitful methods; defraud.
    "he had cheated her out of everything she had"
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/motorspo...5d1f2a5aca675f
    Last edited by CNR; 29th November 2016 at 00:55.
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’

Donkey of the Race UAE

Again so called fans here have gone soft. Controlling the pace from the front is NOT cheating in any respect of the word. I'm embarrassed for those who feel it is and urge them to learn a little more about intelligent motor racing.

The sad thing is, Hamilton driving is the most talked about and exciting thing about Nico's championship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by henners88; 29th November 2016 at 06:26.

9. Likes: Bezza (29th November 2016),truefan72 (29th November 2016)
    Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anfield5 View Post
    Donkey of the race - Hamilton. Sick and tired of his childish, petulant attitude. His comments about the team costing him his championship, because he was asked not to sabotage his team mates challenge were quite pathetic. Even his fan club i.e. Sky Sport commentary team were unimpressed by this nonsense.
    So 21 and the Constructors and Drivers are going to Mercedes, yet they interfere and instruct Hamilton effectively to let Rosberg win the Championship. No wonder Lewis went mad.

Mercedes are so dominant their actions are akin to race fixing and worse than Ferrari team orders in 2002. Toto Wolff et al are unfit to be key leaders in the F1 paddock with their behaviour over the last few seasons.

I really hope Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren pick up form for the regulation changes and we don't have another Mercedes controlled season in 2017.
    Niente è vero, tutto è permesso

11. Likes: driveace (29th November 2016),Tazio (30th November 2016)
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Bagwan, c'mon, save it for something you really care about.

The merc management kind of like to micro-manage things abit. I think they would be much happier with a pair of Androids driving the cars. With the constructor's championship in the bag, Mercedes had nothing to lose if both cars did not win the race. It would not affect prize money or corporate pride or anything worth talking about.

They behaved just as poorly as Hamilton's response to it. It was a real disappointment to hear Paddy get on the Radio to say what he said. Very disappointing!
    Firstly , I don't understand your first line , unless you're actually telling me not to post .
    If that is the case , pi$$-off .

In your second paragraph , you are wrong about the money , as the number of points directly affects the entry fees .

Another thing you perhaps need to understand is that Paddy said that the call was about an imminent threat to his own position , as Vettel was approaching very quickly . Lewis needed the win .
    You have to remember that (very skillfully , I might add) Lewis was going five seconds slower , but going fast enough in the sections where a following car might get a look in .
    That's got to be incredibly hard , but it's a very dangerous game , and his engineer and Paddy needed to remind him what was at stake .

Carefully worded as an "instruction" , and not an "order" , they expected it ignored , but noted .

And , as Lewis said afterwards , he didn't upset the one-two , and didn't cause any crash , so no problem .
    And , now Nico is saying put it to bed as well , as he doesn't fault Hamilton at all for doing all he could to stop him .

Any talk of a Hamilton sack is utter garbage , in my opinion .

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Firstly , I don't understand your first line , unless you're actually telling me not to post .
    If that is the case , pi$$-off .

In your second paragraph , you are wrong about the money , as the number of points directly affects the entry fees .

Another thing you perhaps need to understand is that Paddy said that the call was about an imminent threat to his own position , as Vettel was approaching very quickly . Lewis needed the win .
    You have to remember that (very skillfully , I might add) Lewis was going five seconds slower , but going fast enough in the sections where a following car might get a look in .
    That's got to be incredibly hard , but it's a very dangerous game , and his engineer and Paddy needed to remind him what was at stake .

Carefully worded as an "instruction" , and not an "order" , they expected it ignored , but noted .

And , as Lewis said afterwards , he didn't upset the one-two , and didn't cause any crash , so no problem .
    And , now Nico is saying put it to bed as well , as he doesn't fault Hamilton at all for doing all he could to stop him .

Any talk of a Hamilton sack is utter garbage , in my opinion .
    If the driver in the other same car (the best car on the grid no less) can't get anywhere near to try to overtake, I'd like to know how the chuff anyone else was gonna do it. If Paddy couldn't work that out for himself, he has no place to be in that team calling those team orders.

Lewis wanted Nico to be overtaken by two cars, then he'd just feck off into the distance and win by 30s or so......

Didn't happen of course, Seb was worried about a German backlash, Danny Ric was nowhere, and Verstappen had other cars to pass which took the best out of the tyres.

Still, Lewis tried something. Win some, lose some.

14. Likes: driveace (29th November 2016)
    Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CNR View Post
    cheat

/tʃiːt/

verb

gerund or present participle: cheating

1. act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage.
    "she always cheats at cards"

•gain an advantage over or deprive of something by using unfair or deceitful methods; defraud.
    "he had cheated her out of everything she had"
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/motorspo...5d1f2a5aca675f
    You've got the definition of cheating down, however your application to the situation is lacking. henners has it right.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

16. Likes: henners88 (29th November 2016)