Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
    We don't even know if its a partner for Hamilton yet
    Well Toto has stated that over 80% of the current drivers on the grid have called him since Rosbergs announcement.The two that hadnt were because they didnt have Toto,s number ,One was Kiki .
    They all want to be in the Merc BUT as yet only Hamilton with a 3 year £100 million contract is in the winning seat ,can I see Di Resta getting the seat ? No ! AND why would you let someone in for 1 year to drive your car ,at present the best car on the grid and let him trot off after a year with all your Imformation
    Can i see Alonso winning another world championship ? NO ,Not unless he is in a Merc.Maybe Honda will come good with Zac in charge Worse things have happened

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
    I reckon Lewis is much safer now Rosbergs retired, but I still think the team are pretty pissed off... Although they did have exactly the same crap to deal with last year.
    Can you blame them for being pissed off? They gave the guy the best car on the grid for 3 years, gave him a WDC and then he turns his back on them. I'd be pretty pissed off if I were them as well and I'd contractually hold him to the letter and penalize him in whatever way I could as well.

Serves Mercedes right for favoring Rosberg this year anyway.

3. Likes: driveace (6th December 2016)
    Liked 64 Times in 36 Posts

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Can you blame them for being pissed off? They gave the guy the best car on the grid for 3 years, gave him a WDC and then he turns his back on them. I'd be pretty pissed off if I were them as well and I'd contractually hold him to the letter and penalize him in whatever way I could as well.

So I guess it wasn't all a conspiracy from Mercedes to give
    Rosberg a title before his retirement after all. You found yourself another theory that feats your anti Rosberg agenda, I see. Can't you just idolise Hamilton without constantly attacking his rival, even after his retirement?

6. Likes: Mia 01 (5th December 2016)
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts

The season finale reflected the sort of season this has been and Mercedes had a hand in how the 2016 season has turned out. Personally, l did not think it was right for Mercedes to interfere in the race like they did. The team order only affirm in most people's mind that Mercedes desired the outcome of a Rosberg world champion. There is nothing wrong with that really, the team is entitled to favour whomever they want to favour. Afterall it is their money paying for the participation in the contest.

But Hamilton does not have to like it either.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts

I've always supported Hamilton but saw absolutely nothing this year to suggest he wasn't given the same opportunities as Nico. He had some bad luck like Nico did in 2014 but that is motor racing. Lewis has also had his fair share of preferential treatment when it comes to calls too in the past but this season he was often far behind in the points.

I think he performed better than Nico this year, but the team often chose the driver who was ultimately going to have the better chance of winning the championship. His reliability issues meant that driver was Nico and he did every he needed to do to be a worthy champion.

Good luck Nico and thanks for the entertainment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Likes: Mia 01 (5th December 2016)
    Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    They gave the guy the best car on the grid for 3 years, gave him a WDC and then he turns his back on them. I'd be pretty pissed off if I were them as well and I'd contractually hold him to the letter and penalize him in whatever way I could as well.
    Gave him the title? I'm not a Nico fan, but he may have had a little something to do with it too.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

11. Likes: airshifter (10th December 2016),henners88 (5th December 2016),N4D13 (5th December 2016)
    Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Well that all happened quick. Win the title, exit stage left.

But in the end he stuck with Mercedes, put his head down and got his WDC. A lot of great qualifying over the years, his own share of misfortune with reliability making a title fight harder some years, and it finally all came together for him. And I don't think any other driver can say they beat Schumacher every year they were driving for the same team. Granted that the returned from retirement MS might not have been as quick, but the fact that Nico beat him every year and rarely was topped by him in either qually or the race says quite a bit for driver skill.

I think Nico substantially upped his mental game this year, and seemed more down to earth and less shaken by the races where he was beaten by Lewis. Giving credit where due, and not letting it get into his head. I'm sure that season ending race shook him up some, but he kept his cool when Lewis tried backing him into the pack some and in the end got the job done.

Well done Nico.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nitro
    But Hamilton does not have to like it either.
    I wonder if "The Boss" isn't actually a little pissed off that he doesn't get a chance to whup the title out of Nico in 2017. If so I suspect it is just a passing thought, as Lewis has pretty much owned Nico. Personally I'm glad this duo has been broken up, I've grown weary of the drama.
    Let the next soap opera begin!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    I wonder if "The Boss" isn't actually a little pissed off that he doesn't get a chance to whup the title out of Nico in 2017. If so I suspect it is just a passing thought, as Lewis has pretty much owned Nico. Personally I'm glad this duo has been broken up, I've grown weary of the drama.
    Let the next soap opera begin!
    Quite right he is. I find it quite odd that Rosberg's exit is greeted with the acclaim of bravery. A brave decision they say. I really don't see it that way actually. There is nothing brave about not having the will to defend your title. It simply says he doesn't think he can defend it successfully, best to throw in the towel while ahead. There is no shame in that, and l agree it is commendable to know when you are done and to accept it. There is no big decision involved but a deep realization that one is done for the moment and coming to terms with that fact.

It is kind of the opposite to Button not quite coming to terms with the fact that it was time to move on. For him, it finally sunk in at the last race.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 11th December 2016 at 07:53.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare