Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    I think you would find that most on here admire Rosberg. He is without doubt a quality top notch driver. But he is not a top tier driver. He is just outside the league of Hamilton, Vettel, Alonso and recently Verstapenn. But that said, Rosberg was the best we have seen him ever, in 2016. Apart from his outstanding performance and his work ethics, his methodical approach this year and his one step at a time philosophy is something that has won him alot of respect and admiration. More so, he is a world champion now, so everything else anyone want to say about the man is irrelevant. It really does not matter if he is not in the top tier of most peoples choices of top driver. He is in an exclusive club of world champions, that is what matters really.
    My point is there isn't an anti-Rosberg sentiment against most of your post. It is just that it is disproportionately over-emphasized. But worst, you try to diminish the hard work of another to make your point. My impression is you were trying to whip up prejudice but failed. I have seen this sort of thing before and it is ugly and l was not impressed at all.
    What are you talking about?

I said Rosberg was better than Hamilton in 2016. What part of that don't you understand?

I stated it because it was my observation. Having stated it, I then had to show some proof to back it up. I did.

You on the other hand. Showed me a bunch of nonsense as though it was the be all, end all. It wasn't.

Hamilton won 10 races. 4 of them don't count because the championship was over as a contest is concerned. They were consolation wins, much in the same way Rosberg picked up 3 at the end of 2015.

The problem based on your posts. Is that you don't know what you're looking at. You have a prejudiced view on the drivers. Therefore it wouldn't matter what one or the other did, you're fixed on your opinion.

Rosberg is not a top tier driver, but Verstappen is? Based on what?

As a first year driver, in a car that finished 8th in the Constructor's points. Rosberg scored a fastest lap in 18 races. Verstappen, driving 23 races in a car that finished 7th in the WCC, didn't set fl once.

In a car that finished 2nd in the WCC. Rosberg's won 2/19 races. Verstappen 1/17, in a drought in 16.

In their careers. Rosberg has won at Monaco 3 times. Verstappen has smacked the wall 3-4 times.

To someone like you. Verstappen drove better than Rosberg at the British GP. Yet Rosberg never drove off the track. Verstappen twice drove off the track to his advantage. Driving off the track is not good driving.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    Rosberg would be asked by the team to not pass Hamilton, like in Malaysia?
    I didn't agree with what happened in Malaysia. I think Rosberg should have been allowed pass Hamilton. Lets not forget that Hamilton overall out-qualified Rosberg in 2013 as well despite not being too comfortable on the brakes. On the overall I think they were pretty close that year with Rosberg having the worse luck of the two on that occasion.

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Oh yeah. Them brakes...

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post

Rosberg is not a top tier driver, but Verstappen is? Based on what?

He may not be a top tier driver just yet but it would be very harsh to say that he has not stood out as a real talent in the last two years. Despite some overzealous driving at Monaco he has impressed massively elsewhere and shown well alongside a top tier team mate.
    I thought that to do almost as well as Riciardo in his first season with RB was very impressive for such a young man.

I hope I'm wrong but have a very strong suspicion that RB are going to favour Max over Ric and do everything in their power to make him the sensation of the decade for marketing purposes... and thats great for Max but makes me very sad for Ric.. because he doesn't deserve that.

I'd loved to have seen Ric buy out his RB contract and gone to Merc, at least he'd be given an equal chance there and Hamilton would have found a very capable opponent in his new team mate.