Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    yada yada yada

We get it, you don't like Hamilton!
    You are perfectly capable of making coherent counters to his points if you have them .
    Reacting as you did makes it look like you merely want a debate you can't win to end .

They are only his opinions . Don't you have any ?

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    You don't think a penalty was warranted to Hamilton in Canada and Mexico?

Consider that I didn't mention a penalty for Spain?

You obviously couldn't counter the stats I thought up of that tell the actual story of the season. You have to regurgitate the same old boring stats that don't say much.

Go on. Tell me how many poles and wins Hamilton got last year? How he completely crushed Rosberg, who didn't even bother to attempt to pass him in the last 4 races Even when Hamilton was deliberately slowing down!
    Calm down .
    You are a relentless anorak , you know .

"can't think of more relevant stats though."
    Yeah , sure .

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    You are perfectly capable of making coherent counters to his points if you have them .
    Reacting as you did makes it look like you merely want a debate you can't win to end .

They are only his opinions . Don't you have any ?
    You don't like Hamilton either. Hence an objective conversation with both of you is pointless. By the way l am not a Hamilton fanboy. I just like a fair opinion not a dig at Hamilton for the sake of it.

The points you put forward show a very poor analysis of the season anyway. The Journeyman stats are simply comical to say the least. I have taken the pain to refer him and you to an independent website where a comprehensive and fair analysis of the season is publicized. Feel free to check it out again and say something worth talking about.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 8th January 2017 at 15:43.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    I don't get this guy? He takes himself pretty seriously and I'm certain he considered himself intelligent. But whatever intelligence he has is not demonstrated itt.

Where does he go saying my stats are comical, when in actual fact they tell the story of the season?

My original point was, that despite not dominating, Rosberg was in fact better than Hamilton in 2016. The stats I showed highlight that. I didn't invent anything.

Rosberg was knocked off by other drivers 4 times to his disadvantage. He didn't knock anyone off to his advantage.

Conversely. Hamilton was knocked off track by other drivers once to his disadvantage. Then pushed Rosberg off twice to his advantage. That's a+5 net result where Hamilton is at an advantage due to unfair racing.

This guy refers to a supposedly independent website that just shows the bottom line. I know those stats. But I also watched the season. I recognise that those are not reflective of the course of play during the season.

But this guy refers to these stats from the website as a source of greater merit. He's clearly not good enough to think up of his own. If he's going to say that my stats are comical. Then he's going to have to get those stats and demonstrate why they are not reflective of the season.

He won't be able to because he's an inferior motor racing judge.

Edit: because I've written heaps, I forgot to include this.

If nothing else. Rosberg has demonstrated that if he's left alone. At the very worst, he finishes 2nd. He's reliable in that regard.

So with the par score being 2nd. In the 4 races Rosberg was knocked off track unfairly (Spain, Canada, Malaysia and Mexico), he had a dnf, 4th, 3rd and 2nd. That means he's been denied scoring at least 27pts.

With Hamilton. From the one race he got knocked off, with the same rule, he's denied 3pts.

In fact. Give Hamilton an extra 7pts for hypothetically winning in Bahrain, and knock 7 off Rosberg because he then hypothetically finished 2nd.

We won't worry about that had Hamilton avoided bowling over Rosberg in Spain, Rosberg would've won.
    Last edited by journeyman racer; 7th January 2017 at 23:34.

But now. Let's have a look at the stats, from the supposedly independent website, the inferior F1 judge was referring to.

Here's the link again.

http://grandprixrankings.com/compare...ersus-rosberg/

First of all. Where are the fastest lap stats? This is a glaring omission. Particularly with the advantage of driving an MB, they demonstrate effort during the race, where there are more variables affecting results.

The qualifying stats. In an MB, these stats are not significant. They're a lock for the front row. Hamilton has 12 poles. But 4 of them were in the last 4 "dead rubber" races. If Rosberg got pole, then great. But otherwise, he didn't care.

In a MB. What does it matter to get pole? How much are your chances reduced if you qualifed 2nd? 2% I reckon. It's not necessarily a great performance or important to qualify on pole in an MB.

But what I do notice. Is that accounting for any mechanical problem or grid place penalty. Hamilton was the only MB driver to fail to qualify on the front row.

Failing to qualify on the front row, no mechanical problem, no grid place penalty, in an MB, on top of setting half the FL of Rosberg.

Hamilton failed to qualify on the front row, in a clean MB, twice!

Rosberg always got on the front row in an MB.

That's a bit slack and not up to standard, don't you think?

But this is the stat from the supposedly independent website, that the inferior F1 judge uses, that annoys me the most. It annoys me because it doesn't demonstrate Rosberg's marginal superiority.

Average finishing position.

Hamilton. 2.11
    Rosberg. 2.25

The inferior F1 judge, and millions of plebs worldwide would refer to this stat as evidence that Hamilton was better than Rosberg?

Well, they're wrong! Which is typical.

If you have the brain capacity of a starfish, It's easy. Hamilton's clearly better than what Rosberg was in 2016, and it was only MB wanting Rosberg to win the championship, giving Hamilton unreliable cars, that stopped Hamilton from winning the championship.

But if you have the brain capacity of a toddler at minimum. You're able to look at those stats with some depth, and conclude that Rosberg was better than Hamilton.

You see. Unlike with the actual final points total. It's actually to Hamilton's advantage that he finished one race less than Rosberg.

It absolves Hamilton of ultimately causing the collision in Spain. It denied Rosberg an opportunity for a finish, and doesn't hurt Hamilton finishing average. Accounting for the fact he's listed as 21st in the order of the SGP classification. It means his average finishing is 3.05.

But that's not all. The above refers to only if you divide the race finish total by 20, which is how many races Rosberg finished.

But what about the other way? In the past, in other races series as well, to account for mechanical failures or getting into a crash, the rule would be to drop your x number of worst results.

The fact Hamilton failed to finish two races, and Rosberg one. Make it fair, we have to drop Rosberg's worst two results. This would include the 7th in Monaco. Bearing in mind that Rosberg had a debilitating mechanical problem throughout that race, which contributed to the team asking him to move over for Hamilton.

So the average finishing positions for their best 19 results? Hamilton's is 2.11. Rosberg's is a clean 2.0.

Rosberg 2016≥ Hamilton 2016.
    Last edited by journeyman racer; 7th January 2017 at 23:22.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    You don't like Hamilton either. Hence an objective conversation with both you is pointless. By the way l am not a Hamilton fanboy. I just like a fair opinion not a dig at Hamilton for the sake of it.

The points put forward show a very poor analysis of the season anyway. The Journeyman stats are simply comical to say the least. I have taken the pain to refer him and you to an independent website where a comprehensive and fair analysis of the season is publicized. Feel free to check it out again and say something worth talking about.
    In journeyman, you're trying to reason with someone who publicly said he thought Schumacher deserved his injuries from his Skiing accident. When you're dealing with someone that is this mentally stunted and unevolved there isn't much chance of having a reasonable debate with him.

He makes some valid points here and there but on the overall his posts are garbage because he is so biased.

When someone comes out for example and states that Spain was Hamilton's fault and uses that to back up his stats then his stats become useless and uninteresting. Now to address this, Spain was, at best, a racing incident. I still believe to this day however that, as a racing driver, you can't chop someone like Rosberg did, especially when the following car has so much extra momentum. As soon as you close that door you are heading for an unavoidable collision. But let's just leave it as a racing incident as the Stewards ruled.

Now Take for example where Jourmeymen states that Rosberg backed off the last 4 races. Rosberg has himself said the pressure of the championship made him slower in the final races but that doesn't mean he intentionally backed off and was happy for 2nd and, as I said before, he certainly didn't look like a driver that backed off in Brazil qualifying where both him and Hamilton were balls to the wall.

The only thing I agree with is that Rosberg was more consistent than Hamilton. Rosberg never had two races such as Baku and Singapore. Mexico I guess was Rosberg's equivalent of Hamilton's Singapore but Rosberg still grabbed second which Hamilton failed to do in Singapore.

Now taking Canada into account, it's really desperate to blame Hamilton here. Rosberg should have known better than to go around the outside, he was always going to lose that one. That's part of his race craft and instinct that wasn't honed enough though.

I'm not going to go through everyone of journeyman's points and address them one by one because it would take too long and I have a life and, let's face it, the bias in his stats is obvious which ultimately renders them useless.

What I will say is this, On the overall Rosberg was the more consistent and there is no argument that could be made against that. Hamilton was the faster but with the reliability issues he had blighting his chances that is ultimate reason why Rosberg became champion.

I think Rosberg deserved the championship and I have always said that he deserved to be champion at some point. He is a fantastic driver. It's just a shame he was too much of a coward to go out and defend it!

Reliability, decided this years championship but it decided it in favour of a driver that, imo, was deserving of a championship anyway. Both Hamilton and Rosberg were deserving and worthy champions as far as I am concerned. Neither driver dominated the other but alas there can be only one WDC and the dice rolled in Rosberg's favor.

I also do feel also that had Hamilton put as much effort into F1 this year as he did into courting the rich and famous and banging Rihanna that he would still be champion and would have dominated Rosberg as he did last year. Many factors came together to give Rosberg his maiden and deserving title. Some factors were within Hamilton's control, others were not but the ones that were within his control he could have controlled better and had he done that, he would be a 4 time WDC now.

Rosberg is a deserved champion.

Oh yeah. Here we go. TBK coming to the rescue.

Firstly. To discredit me. He has to bring up something about Schumacher that's irrelevant to discussing the merit of the 2016 points standings.

I'd like to openly state. That I didn't say Rosberg was more consistent. I said he was better than Hamilton in 2016.

TBK is like all these other fans when they use the word "consistent". It's used as a backhanded compliment. What they're really saying is"Rosberg's best wasn't as good as Hamilton's. But he was good enough often enough". Then they throw in the reliability dart. Just to further discredit Rosberg. As if to say "If Hamilton didn't have any mechanical problems, he'd have won the championship instead.".

If you want to start talking reliability. If Rosberg doesn't have a mechanical gremlin in Monaco, Hamilton doesn't win.

The collision in Spain? You look at the head on footage. Rosberg started defending his before Hamilton attempting to dive down. You'll be able to see Hamilton's left tyres peek past Rosberg's left side. Hamilton ultimately made the wrong choice.

In Canada? It's certainly not Rosberg's fault. He beat Hamilton off the line. He was half a car length ahead as they were slowing down for the corner. He gave Hamilton two car widths room. And Hamilton still corralled him off the track. At the very least, Hamilton should've clipped the kerb.

But no. TBK puts the onus on Rosberg when he did everything you could expect him to do. "Rosberg should've known better than to go around the outside"

WTF is Rosberg supposed to do??? TBK is in effect saying Rosberg should've let Hamilton past (Like he did in Monaco). Seriously bro. You're hopeless.

Here's a YT link of Canada

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-kdKlH8qyOc

The most notable factor of this clip? Hamilton fanboy David Croft instinctively say "Rosberg gets pushed wide by Hamilton!"

Rosberg's last 4 races? Ultimately, it doesn't matter why he didn't win. What was notable, was that Rosberg never bothered to challenge Hamilton, even when Hamilton deliberately slowed down. At the same time, he always did enough to hold off a threat from RB or Ferrari. If he didn't have more than 28pt margin. He still would've challenged harder than what he did.

TBK isn't going to go through all my points. Not because he's got a life. But because he literally has nothing credible to counter my stats.

Seriously. He would not be able to counter my stats that show Hamilton produced less last season, than what he did in 14&15. No one can.

I'd like to know who was the highest placed finisher of the British GP, who didn't make a mistake and drive off the track?

2.0 is better than 2.11.

Rosberg was better than Hamilton in 2016.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    It's not really that difficult to discredit you. You had already discredited yourself in this thread with your own bias, there was absolutely no need for me to add to it. I was just clarifying for everyone what they were dealing with.

But to use your logic and provide an equally biased slant for Hamilton, if Hamilton hadn't had reliability issues in qualifying in Bahrain and China, Rosberg doesn't win either of them. Also, he doesn't win Spa and Hamilton wins there and Malaysia. Had he and Rosberg no issues in Russia he also overtakes Rosberg and wins.

So now we can provide in total Hamilton with an extra 61 points and Rosberg minus 31 points. Now had everything gone as it should Hamilton wins the WDC by 87 points over Rosberg. A deserved victor.

I can further that again, had Hamilton not been taken out by Rosberg in Spain, he would have overtaken Rosberg in that maneuvre and won the race. 7 extra points to Hamilton and he wins the championship by 94 points.

Taking Rosberg's only real reliability gremlin into account in Silverstone where he lost three points then Hamilton wins by 91 points.

Now let's take Monaco into the equation, had Hamilton finished 3rd and Rosberg 2nd then that's a net 22 point difference in Rosberg's favour. Hamilton wins the WDC by 69 points. So all reliability being equal, Hamilton wins the WDC.

Hamilton was better then Rosberg in 2016.

My biased assessment above is equally as useful as all of your stats.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Under the 9-6-4-3-2-1 points scoring system from 1962-1990 and using all possible dropping combinations, Rosberg always wins.

If you drop no poor results then Rosberg ends up on 127 to Hamilton's 126.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!