Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye Jenson?

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Goodbye Jenson?

Jenson has suggested that he may not take up his/McLarens return option in 2018, or at least that is how he feels at the moment according to the BBC.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/38092740

I actually thought this season would be his last but now that he has all but confirmed it I think he more than deserves a goodbye thread?

Jenson, you are an intelligent, warm and very likable individual. I was very pleased for you that you achieved World champion status with Braun in 2009 and well worthy of the title.
    You may not have been the most complete driver on the grid but you had something that most others do not, an unmatched ability to make the very most of a drying track and I think that quality defines how you will be remembered as a driver.

I hope you continue within F1 in some form but if you do not, I for one, can say that you will be missed.

Adios and good luck..

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    In my World Jenson is one of the good boys, a smoth and faast driver who can do the most with the material he is given. I´m sorry to see him go!

And, a very nice chap!

3. Likes: steveaki13 (27th November 2016)
    Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    I hope one of the broadcasters can tempt him. He did one race in the commentary box back when BAR were DQed due to their funny fuel tanks. Brundle as commentator and Button as summariser would make a great combination I think.

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    It's a shame that Jenson isn't really sure if this will be his last F1 race or not. It would be more fitting to give him a good and proper send off. Though not the fastest guy on the grid, he's put in some really great drives here and there, and was someone to watch in changing conditions. And he seems to just be a good guy, and has been a positive role model and great ambassador for the sport.

That's one of the existing WDC drivers out of the drivers seat for now.

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    I will be sad to see him go, but it is the right time. He has declined since the initial announcement.

He has been a nice guy, good driver who on his day was as fast as anyone current. He achieved what most can only dream of in a world championship and then impressed me more by his performances v Hamilton at Mclaren. He won a lot of GPs compared to most for 3 teams (Honda, Brawn & Mclaren)

He will be remembered fondly. Good luck Jenson. Hope to see you on TV or racing in Le Mans or something in the future.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    Yep, he gone.

Great moment not only seeing his first win but in winning the 2009 title. He always drove well and did his best.

So long, J.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 9,355 Times in 4,970 Posts
    Matthew James Wilson ‏@mattyjim1 (M-Sport)
    Well done on a great career in F1 @JensonButton If you need a Rally X car you know where we are !
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    No chance of another race win so time to go. He came in as an exciting prospect back in 2000 with Williams and has had a good enough career but had one of the best cars of all time for his title. He did the job mind you...but still he will be remembered like Rosberg in a few years
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    He had the best car for the first 6 odd races. Then Red Bull and Mclaren matched them at least if not overtook them. I think he managed that title well. Like Nico did this year. I think his title was as valid as anyone's.

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Good luck in the future JB. In many ways he is underated as a driver - not sure why some people are so down on him. Head to head with team maters he has matched or bettered all of them (Alonso, Hamilton etc).

Also farewell to Little Phil. Also will be missed.