Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Rosberg should just stick one up the inside at turn 1. If he's aggressive enough without being unsporting and it puts Hamilton in situation where it's a race ending crash for them both to defend he's a winner.

Liked 48 Times in 32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace View Post
    IF Rosberg has mechanical issues or an accident will Mercedes sabotge Hamiltons car so Rosberg is champion

Absolutely

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    It doesn't really make a lot of sense for Ham to try and back Rosberg up because if he does, Merc will almost certainly give priority in the pitstops to the German to ensure that he overtakes Lewis in the pitstops.

That said, it's the only chance that Lewis has to force Nico into an error. Yet the above and the fact that it will look rather unsporting make me think that he won't do that.

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Greasy View Post
    Rosberg should just stick one up the inside at turn 1. If he's aggressive enough without being unsporting and it puts Hamilton in situation where it's a race ending crash for them both to defend he's a winner.
    This could happen if Hamilton tries to back Rosberg into the Redbulls. I wonder how the stewards are going to handle this one if it happens? Mind you Prost, Senna and Schumacher have done this in the past, and Rosberg has shown in previous races this year that he is willing if necessary. Remember Hungary, also the move on Raikonnen a few races back.

What would happen at the first corner is unpredictable, but Redbull would love for the Mercs to repeat the Spain wipeout.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    I hope Rosberg gets a poor start and falls back or has a mechanical failure. He's been completely outclassed by Hamilton this year and is a very lucky boy at this point.

I do expect him to finish 2nd or 3rd though and be crowned champion. It's an amazing achievement for Lewis to be this close however with so many mechanical issues. He'll definitely be remembered along with Verstappen as the best drivers this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by driveace View Post
    IF Rosberg has mechanical issues or an accident will Mercedes sabotge Hamiltons car so Rosberg is champion
    Lots of fans have lost trust for Mercedes. Hence, most would expect something dodgy to happen that would secure the Championship for Rosberg. But l have some doubt that Mercedes would interfere in the outcome of this race. But l would love to get a preview of Hamilton's book. I am happy to place an early pre-order actually.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    My mother used to lecture me on the power of prayer, gonna try getting down on my knees and prayi g today.

... for an Alonso win, a RedBull 2-3 , a Nico DNF and Lewis WDC. That would be fitting and deserving for all Imo.

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Lewis best chance is probably to puncture Nico with a front wing or put him off at the first corner. Wouldn't put it past him either given his hero would do it without a thought.

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    Lewis best chance is probably to puncture Nico with a front wing or put him off at the first corner. Wouldn't put it past him either given his hero would do it without a thought.
    I wouldn't want to see dirty tactics like that. That's more Rosberg's domain from the past and it has no place here. I think Hamiltons best approach is to beat Nico mentally and force him into a mistake like he has done many times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    As would Rosberg, it didn't work out well for him the last time he tried to punt Lewis off the track though.
    Nico can afford to be as aggressive as he wants at the first corner and if he gets inside, Lewis is in trouble.