Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    Hamilton, he's been awesome this year. He may not end up with the championship but he's been by far the best driver this year. He's been a pleasure to watch.

Nice to see Max as a regular podium finisher this year, he'll definitely be champion at some point.
    I wouldn't say Hamilton was as strong this year as he was last year given his starts but he has been the better driver of the two Mercedes boys. People don't realize actually that were it not for Malaysia blow up alone he would be crowned champion already now. Rosberg has had a near perfect year reliability wise.

Realistically, barring reliability, the championship is Rosberg's and he probably deserves on championship. However, he has had the luck of the draw this year.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    Nice to see Max as a regular podium finisher this year, he'll definitely be champion at some point.
    I wouldn't be surprised if it happens next year!

Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
    Verstappen was clearly Driver of the Day but a few others deserve very credible mentions. The Red Bull is the best chassis in the wet, and Verstappen was outstanding in it, but the rain levelled the field somewhat and you can see the future of F1 is in safe hands.

Sainz, Ocon, Perez, Hulkenberg were all very impressive in their own ways. Ocon, in particular, for such a novice, showed why he has overtaken Weirlein in the minds of Mercedes.

Other decent drives too from Nasr, Alonso and of course Hamilton and recovery from Vettel.

You can see in the drivers either out of the race or out of the points as to who is no longer worth having in F1.

Massa - has been getting slower and more timid all season.
    Button - says he's driving better than ever, but its hard to believe it. Complaining over radio and nowhere in the race. Alonso has destroyed him this season.
    Raikkonen - although I still think he offers more than Massa and Button, he seems to struggle in bad conditions thesedays. One last season in 2017, perhaps Ferrari should have tried a Perez or Hulkenberg instead.
    Grosjean - still too error prone and never takes blame for mistakes
    Gutierrez - should not be in F1 next season, full stop.
    Niente è vero, tutto è permesso

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Holey crap , that was a clinic on wet weather driving .

It begs wonder why they all weren't adopting the "karting" line .
    Sure , the tires were pumping lots of water off the dry line , but it was raining throughout the race , so it should have been an obvious choice .

Or , have all these other guys been out of karting for too long ?

In the days of poor drainage , one saw multiple cars , including those of "rainmasters" , into the wall outside turn three .
    Now , we seem to have only one who sees grip there . Maybe he didn't see that race .

One thing is for sure . All will fear Max now whenever it rains .

And , rightly so .

Liked 66 Times in 54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari33 View Post
    I don't know how you can pick Lewis (or anyone else) over Max after that performance, did you not watch the race?
    Yes, and Lewis was faster.

I don't want to dampen the glory of Verstappens drive but lets not forget that Lewis Hamilton got pole, lead every lap and was pulling away from Verstappen when Max was in second place.

Max and Lewis would both be worthy driver of the day in my opinion.
    Tazio 14/3/2015: I'll give every member on this forum 1,000.00 USD if McLaren fails to podium this season!

6. Likes: andyone (15th November 2016)
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brown, Jon Brow View Post
    Yes, and Lewis was faster.

I don't want to dampen the glory of Verstappens drive but lets not forget that Lewis Hamilton got pole, lead every lap and was pulling away from Verstappen when Max was in second place.

Max and Lewis would both be worthy driver of the day in my opinion.

Lewis was faster, he did what he had to do and did it well... I don't want to take away from his excellent drive but I still think Max's performance outshone even Lewis's.

He just had so much more to do after RB made the wrong tyre choice and coming through the field like he did was something quite special to watch.

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Unquestionably Max Verstappen. I spell his name wrong everytime l try but l have to say he was sensational. Hamilton did the job he was expected to do. If Rosberg had won the driver's title at Brasil, l have to say many would have started to think he has lost some of his edge.
    But he showed who was boss when given a reliable car. That said, Rosberg also did a great job of keeping everything according to plan. The driver's title is still very much on for Rosberg. He may have lucked into this position but he has grabbed it with both hands and he is very deserving of it.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 165 Times in 131 Posts
    Young Max was amazing to watch, esp his last few laps where he rose from 16th to 3rd. Loved his comment when he nearly crashed .
    Honourable mention to Nasr, the pressure he would have been under to keep his crap heap Sauber in the points must have been crushing, but he managed to finish 9th and get the team above Manor, saving or earning another $30 plus million dollars. 9th for that Sauber is like a win for the likes of Ferrari

Liked 1,075 Times in 601 Posts
    Felipe Nasr. Kept his cool, stayed in the points, and leapfrogged Manor.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

11. Likes: Mia 01 (15th November 2016),steveaki13 (15th November 2016)
    Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Felipe Nasr! He saved the Sauber team some 30 million dollars I Think. Poor Manor.

13. Likes: steveaki13 (15th November 2016)