Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: President Trump

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Preferential Instant Run-Off Voting

By preference - number every box.

The candidiate with the fewest number of 1's is eliminated and their number 2 preferences are distributed.

Repeat process until one candidate has 50%+1 of the votes.
    Ah, OK I like that.

I'd like to see your reasons for defending voting on a Tuesday in the 21st Century.
    Because it doesn't interfere with TGIF partying?
    But I was really talking about the abysmal number of qualified voters who actually take the trouble to vote. I seriously doubt that there would be any real increase in the number of voters. Additionally, the lower end of wage earners who might have difficulty taking off work during the week to vote are in retailing sorts of jobs and they are working on weekends too.

The House has never been proportional to the number of votes that the parties receive. There are no third parties represented at all in the House.
    That would pretty much require a Constitutional amendment and the chances of that are about the same as my winning the WDC title next year.

Also, apart from the at-large seats, the seats in the House are also gerrymandered to the point that there are almost no proper contests.
    I could not agree more on the gerrymandering. It's an embarrassment to the system and both major parties use it whenever possible. Needs to be outlawed.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    That would pretty much require a Constitutional amendment and the chances of that are about the same as my winning the WDC title next year.
    Doesn't.

The House of Representatives shall be composed of Members chosen every second Year by the People of the several States, and the Electors in each State shall have the Qualifications requisite for Electors of the most numerous Branch of the State Legislature.

- Article I, Section 2, Clause 1, United States Constitution, 17th Sep 1789.

The chances of having Proportional Representation are about the same as Frosty The Snowman's chance of finding work shovelling people's driveways in Hades but that's because to actually make it so, requires passing said legislation through The House of Representatives and Senate.
    It's a bit hard to tell people to take their snouts out of the trough when they're fast asleep in it.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

3. Likes: Tazio (30th November 2016)
    Liked 299 Times in 210 Posts
    Do you think Donald Trump has Something to do with GM wanting to quit Europe and sell its european activites(Opel/Vauxhall)to PSA

This is currently the biggest news in european automotive area...

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    I very much doubt it. GM has been in big trouble for a long time. Vauxhall being owned by Peugeot seems a very odd choice, although they keep the Peugeot and Citroen brands quite seperate so I think they'll keep it as a going concern.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    I reckon PSA just want to buy Opel-Vauxhall so they can shut it down, leaving a whole load of customers looking for other affordable brands to buy. Cue special offers on Peugeots and Citroëns for all recent buyers of Opels or Vauxhalls. That's not too cynical, is it?

I wouldn't imagine Trump has anything to do with it at all. As Mark says, Opel-Vauxhall has been losing money for years. There was an attempt to sell to Canadian parts firm Magma some time ago, but it fell through.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom206wrc View Post
    Do you think Donald Trump has Something to do with GM wanting to quit Europe and sell its european activites(Opel/Vauxhall)to PSA

This is currently the biggest news in european automotive area...
    No.

GM have an ongoing pension problem caused by the fact that they always intended to pay pensions out of future sales and saved nothing for the future ever. This was the biggest underlying thing behind the Chapter XI ordeal and GM Europe are just a sideshow in the general malaise.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    I doubt Peugeot would get rid of the Vauxhall brand. It's regarded as being 'British' and that is still important for some. You drop Vauxhall and people won't just buy Peugeot instead, they would be more likely to buy the other 'British' brand, Ford.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    GM has been in big trouble for a long time.
    Aside:

Holden is absolutely screwed.

Green = Opel cars which will not be available to Holden if sold to PSA. GMH has announced that if the deal goes through, no Opels would be sold under the Holden label; which includes the next Insignia as the "next-gen" Commodore.

Red = No future RHD models exist. Malibu ends in Jun 2017. Cruze ends in Oct 2017.

Black = Discontinued. Production ends Oct 2017; along with the end of motor manufacturing in Australia.

Aside aside:
    The 2018 V8 Supercar season currently has no available cars apart from the Nissan Altima. The Falcon has already ceased production and is now a legacy car and the Commodore would be discontinued.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Aside:

Aside aside:
    The 2018 V8 Supercar season currently has no available cars apart from the Nissan Altima. The Falcon has already ceased production and is now a legacy car and the Commodore would be discontinued.
    Some of the best racing on the planet. What is the plan going forward?
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    Some of the best racing on the planet. What is the plan going forward?
    From what I heard on the radio this morning unless DJR Penske is able to homologate the Mustang and some large car appears in the Holden line up (possibly the Camaro, who knows), there isn't really one. The Gen-2 rules are being written up but it's all academic with no cars.