Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: President Trump

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Those were the rules and people should have known that. It doesn't make the result wrong, it makes the rules wrong.

Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    I'm not really sure how to start this up again , or , indeed if I should , but , having stated that , I'll just ask if the American people still have faith in their president ?
    I watched some of that funeral today , and it sounds like a good person was lost for no good reason .

I'm reminded of a line in a song by a group called "Jaluka"(I think) that says "We are all scatterlings of Africa , each uprooted one ." .

Maybe it would be better if we were all identical .

Liked 49 Times in 43 Posts
    I wonder why the Pres is the one to blame for a local outbreak of violence between the alt-left and alt-right. Maybe it's because the Pres is a convenient scapegoat for anything that goes wrong, just like Obama used to get blamed for the things he had nothing to do with.

Sent from my Lenovo P70-A using Tapatalk
    Llibertat

Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudy Tamasz View Post
    I wonder why the Pres is the one to blame for a local outbreak of violence between the alt-left and alt-right. Maybe it's because the Pres is a convenient scapegoat for anything that goes wrong, just like Obama used to get blamed for the things he had nothing to do with.

Sent from my Lenovo P70-A using Tapatalk
    Do you think he is ?

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    It doesn't matter if he is or not. But he's handled it incredibly badly.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    The most amazing thing I have learned from Trump's electoral campaign is that scandals, bad news, and lots of negative coverage is actually better than no media coverage at all. The mainstream media wanted to sink Trump just as much as both of the American parties wanted to (including his own). But all those juicy Trump scandals and outrageous speeches meant higher ratings for TV channels and lots of clicks for web news. And after all, who could have thought that getting so much negative media coverage will only prop up the guy enough to beat every republican opponent and even Hillary Clinton. It's the paradox of our time. Conclusion: if you want to do something to hurt Trump's presidency just stop covering him at all.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    It doesn't matter if he is or not. But he's handled it incredibly badly.
    The president was on a busy schedule on his China trip, probably holding extremely important talks on how to avoid a war, possibly a nuclear war, when all of this shit storm suddenly hit the fan. I can see how he could how made a statement that rubbed most people the wrong way in the middle of those circumstances for not being informed well enough. But the things he said when he came back to the US only made things worse. But then again, as I noted in my previous post, we live in the strange world where negative coverage can prop up a politician like Trump instead of sinking him.

Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    What China trip? He's was golfing at his own resort in New Jersey the entire time.

Liked 201 Times in 155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    The most amazing thing I have learned from Trump's electoral campaign is that scandals, bad news, and lots of negative coverage is actually better than no media coverage at all.
    Trump's approval rating has basically gone nowhere ever.
    He's been bouncing along in the mid to high 30s since the beginning of "this American Carnage".

In theory, the Republicans should be able to pass whatever legislation it wants to because they control all the levers of government and all the three rings in the circus but they haven't been able to to achieve a legislative agenda, because it appears as though they don't really have one.
    Trump equally doesn't seem to have a legislative agenda either. He just wants the credit for signing off on the bits of paper.
    The Old Republic was a stupidly run organisation which deserved to be taken over. All Hail Palpatine!

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Trump's approval rating has basically gone nowhere ever.
    He's been bouncing along in the mid to high 30s since the beginning of "this American Carnage".
    It turns out that when he said he could shoot someone and not lose any voter he was actually right. He was quite astute and I, honestly, feel pretty naive. I was also very sure that this is going to be 'only' a 4 year calamity but I'm not anymore. It turns out his voters voted him with all the excuses prepared for his future failures. Who can compete against that? I used to doubt the utility of term limits. I thought, if someone's doing an excellent job why shouldn't we be able to elect him for more than 2 terms? It's because people are idiots. That rule is a permanent reminder that, despite some amazing achievements, the humankind consists, mostly, of idiots. We can be so stupid that we need to enforce some random limits to limit future collective brain farts, because we know we have the ability to really f*** up.