Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    How is there 10 pages on 'Which driver can realistically fight for the Championship?'

Realistically none of the current drivers can until Ogier quits.
    I can think of another driver-car-pair to win four consecutive titles, and then the driver changing team and losing his competitiveness. Unlikely but possible.

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    How is there 10 pages on 'Which driver can realistically fight for the Championship?'

Realistically none of the current drivers can until Ogier quits.
    Lets use a US concept, and Toyota draft Ogier as a new team, then we would have fun and more exiting 2017 season! :-)

3. Likes: RAS007 (8th November 2016)
    Liked 1,170 Times in 791 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MM WRC View Post
    I can think of another driver-car-pair to win four consecutive titles, and then the driver changing team and losing his competitiveness.
    He hasn't been so dominant.
    "With that car, your brain can actually never keep up"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4IRMYuE1hI

Liked 9,377 Times in 4,990 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smsgrafica View Post
    It's not comical at all. Of course Ogier is the best on equal material, but how I see it, Neuville and perhaps Meeke & Mikkelsen could realistically fight for the crown, based on their speed on every surface.

So, if they end up having a quick car and Ogier doesn't, IMHO they could be contenders, whereas the other guys, even with a much better car, would still be unable to fight for the Championship.
    So at best it's a pointless thread until we know who will be driving what in 2017...

Liked 777 Times in 419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    No other problem except:

1. Your analogy is totally twisted and not corresponding the situation at all. Like I said, apples and turtle eggs. Naturally talented guys (on both surface) in recent years have came from France.
    2. Suggesting Lappi as "MAYBE" ... no comments

No estonian thing here, I know quite much about WRC to know who is who. I just do not like unreasonable comments.
    Before this I actually thought you are a smart guy
    Hope that hasn't changed
    You never know. Nobody would have thought Breen would have had any pace in the Citroen before he moved into the car (other than the occasional British national rallyist supporter) and he surprised many. Personally I thought he'd reached his peak and that Citroen was stupid to give him seat time.

Sure, he's not up to championship winning pace yet but you never know. The fact that Lappi has managed to stay on the road as of late made me change my mind about him. Also even if some things are a bit odd about the approach of the Toyota team we realistically don't know the pace until compared to the others so yeah... I'll stand by my maybe and maybe I'll get to eat those words, but I don't mind being wrong. I have no image to protect

Liked 65 Times in 28 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MM WRC View Post
    I can think of another driver-car-pair to win four consecutive titles, and then the driver changing team and losing his competitiveness. Unlikely but possible.
    And then his teammate became worldchampion. So there you have it, unmistakeble proof that Tanak will be the next worldchampion!

Liked 1,252 Times in 681 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itix View Post
    Hope that hasn't changed
    You never know. Nobody would have thought Breen would have had any pace in the Citroen before he moved into the car (other than the occasional British national rallyist supporter) and he surprised many. Personally I thought he'd reached his peak and that Citroen was stupid to give him seat time.
    He's Irish - from the Republic....(though most British rally fans are behind him).

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 41 Times in 32 Posts
    Mikkelsen did his first interview after the VW exit, today. He's hopeful that he'll land in a good seat on a competitive team. A yearly salary of 6 million usd will probably not happen though.

Not sure if he's done the math. Toyota is the only option?

Liked 2,264 Times in 944 Posts
    you still here?

Liked 1,064 Times in 465 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Mikkelsen did his first interview after the VW exit, today. He's hopeful that he'll land in a good seat on a competitive team. A yearly salary of 6 million usd will probably not happen though.

Not sure if he's done the math. Toyota is the only option?
    I think he will go to WRX, it's time for him to move up to proper, hard motorsport where he can join all the other amazing drivers and share wins with them.

But what the hell, did Mikkelsen earn 6 million?
    SimRace Vereniging Nederland
    www.srvn.nl

12. Likes: cali (8th November 2016),dimviii (7th November 2016),EstWRC (7th November 2016)