Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Liked 178 Times in 78 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    So who says FIA ain´t gonna swap rules in favour for AM to let drive a 2017 Polo in private team?
    If that happened (which it won't), there would be another driver who would be at the front of the queue.

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doon View Post
    If that happened (which it won't), there would be another driver who would be at the front of the queue.
    And what says that´s not an option? Who knows what´s going on behind the curtains?
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Mr. Holmes also puzzled with recent VW Motorsport moves:
    http://www.autosport.pt/ralis/wrc/vo...gar-polo-2017/

And there’s a wild rumour going on: VW M also considering to rent ’17 cars for 10m a year! http://www.sportmotores.com/portal/!...20055&id=47127
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    And there’s a wild rumour going on: VW M also considering to rent ’17 cars for 10m a year! http://www.sportmotores.com/portal/!...20055&id=47127
    According to the rules it's not possible to homologate the car without manufacturer entry.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

5. Likes: Andre Oliveira (25th November 2016),pantealex (26th November 2016)
    Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    According to the rules it's not possible to homologate the car without manufacturer entry.

Pravda? I think maybe they can just submit the Homologation papers, pay the fee, and PooF!
    the car--or part is "Homologated".

Certainly was so in the past..
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

Brno, Moravia, CZ (also near Vienna :-D )
    Liked 254 Times in 129 Posts
    What means manufacturer entry? How is it in m-sport case? May be the new Polo 17 homologated as "Redbull Polo 17?" VW will for sure pay for homologation in any case, Redbull will put only its name on it and will send manufacturer entry with two cars and then together with VW they can rent it to anybody who would like to drive it during the season.
    Visit South Moravia. It is the real paradise

Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by liposh View Post
    What means manufacturer entry? How is it in m-sport case? May be the new Polo 17 homologated as "Redbull Polo 17?" VW will for sure pay for homologation in any case, Redbull will put only its name on it and will send manufacturer entry with two cars and then together with VW they can rent it to anybody who would like to drive it during the season.
    It still needs the manufacturer's blessings. Otherwise the Mirage R5 would have FIA homologation, not just local.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

9. Likes: pantealex (26th November 2016),Rally Power (25th November 2016)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by janvanvurpa View Post
    Pravda? I think maybe they can just submit the Homologation papers, pay the fee, and PooF! the car--or part is "Homologated". Certainly was so in the past..
    Yep, both Red Bull and Qatar have deep pockets to do it.

Homologation process is always made by a manu but the mandatory entry team can be a different entity, as long it’s endorsed by the manu. That’s why MSport is allowed as a WRC team and Mini’s last official entry was made under the name WRC Team Mini Portugal (Araujo's team license).

Anyway, for now only the scheduled FIA inspection of the '17 Polo seems to be confirmed. The 5 units building and a possible partner paying VW Motorsport to run a semi official team looks very unlikely, still...
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 558 Times in 295 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    Yep, both Red Bull and Qatar have deep pockets to do it.

Homologation process is always made by a manu but the mandatory entry team can be a different entity, as long it’s endorsed by the manu. That’s why MSport is allowed as a WRC team and Mini’s last official entry was made under the name WRC Team Mini Portugal (Araujo's team license).

Anyway, for now only the scheduled FIA inspection of the '17 Polo seems to be confirmed. The 5 units building and a possible partner paying VW Motorsport to run a semi official team looks very unlikely, still...

Which is a shame because all the expertise and knowledge and organisation in the VW team goes POOF!
    In all the discussion ow "where will Ogier (and also Latvala) go I was wondering if we could see what Ogier himself is made of, and by that I mean to make a reference to when Petter Sohlberg finally left Subaru and "wandered in the desert" for a while but then he showed who he was, and how important rallying was to himself: He put together a whole team and arranged finance and went out on his own and did a damn good job..

I had never really been a "fan" of Sohlberg prior to that, but when he said in essence "fawk it I'll do it myself" I re-thought and said "There's a real man, he's not giving up and that's the spirit I want to see".

And I contrasted that with McRae, with Hirvonen and a number of others who when they couldn't get a paid ride just quit.
    And I wondered if Ogier was really dedicated to go rally above all...if that was the important thing in his life..

We won't have a chance to see that I guess.
    Last edited by janvanvurpa; 25th November 2016 at 23:45.
    John Vanlandingham
    Sleezattle WA, USA
    Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

12. Likes: Rally Power (26th November 2016),Rallyper (26th November 2016)
    Liked 643 Times in 285 Posts
    Farewell | WRC 2016: VW RALLYTHEWORLD -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H_puY27KPo