Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts

Ross Brawn takes the reins !

It looks like Ross will be heading F1 for Liberty Media , taking over from Bernie .
    This is like a dream , to get a guy so experienced , and one who has made things happen everywhere he's appeared , yet seems to have made no real enemies in the paddock .

I am so excited , when lately I've been so disheartened about the state of the sport I've spent so much of my life following , to see this appointment .

This is the best news we could have hoped for !

2. Likes: Zico (2nd November 2016)
    Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    It looks like Ross will be heading F1 for Liberty Media , taking over from Bernie .
    This is like a dream , to get a guy so experienced , and one who has made things happen everywhere he's appeared , yet seems to have made no real enemies in the paddock .

I am so excited , when lately I've been so disheartened about the state of the sport I've spent so much of my life following , to see this appointment .

This is the best news we could have hoped for !
    That's going to last till the first controversy. Hope he's got a thick skin. The honeymoon never lasts long enough.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    This has been in the works for a long time. Ross has always been cited as a potential successor. I couldn't think of anyone better. He's a pretty honest and straight forward guy and is well respected throughout the sport. Bernie has another two years left in the sport and after that I think he'll be kicked out which is long over due. He has made a complete mess of so many things, I can't believe he has lasted this long.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Auto Bild magazine is cited as the source of this... is anyone familiar with it, is it a reliable source?

Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    JA is clarifying the issue to some degree , saying he will not replace Bernie , but rather , head the sporting side of things , as Mr. E carries on for a while on the commercial side .

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I rather suspect Ross' skin is thicker than most - after all. he's been round the F1 block several times, and succeeded at Ferrari where many other good people (Dominicali is a good example) have failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    I rather suspect Ross' skin is thicker than most - after all. he's been round the F1 block several times, and succeeded at Ferrari where many other good people (Dominicali is a good example) have failed.
    Indeed, one of the keys to his success at Ferrari was the ability to absorb the flak from the higher-ups and shield the rest of the team from it.

9. Likes: Phoenix (2nd November 2016)
    Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Just to throw in a curve ball.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/37847748

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Based on what Chase Carey has said in the recent past, I'm still expecting a triumvirate style leadership team, with Ross Brawn and Zak Brown occupying two of the three top spots. Brawn's experience is on the sporting/technical side. Brown's experience is more on the commercial/sponsorship side. We'll see.

I just realized... Brawn and Brown. Now all we need is someone named (insert your submission here) ______.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    I just realized... Brawn and Brown. Now all we need is someone named (insert your submission here) ______.

13. Likes: Zico (2nd November 2016)