Thread: Mexico 2016

Hybrid View

Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    You would have never heard Schumacher abuse an official like that and, might I add, I doubt you'd have heard Hamilton, Alonso, Button, Rosberg, Ricciardio or Max do it either.
    Hypothetical as none of us have heard all their team radio sessions. Who I'd blame here are literally the guys behind the selection of team radio. In media there is a term "gatekeepers" and this time the production team filter just failed. How Vettel behaved is purely his own mess to sort out.

It's time for Charlie to retire.

I'll rest my case
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Hypothetical as none of us have heard all their team radio sessions. Who I'd blame here are literally the guys behind the selection of team radio. In media there is a term "gatekeepers" and this time the production team filter just failed. How Vettel behaved is purely his own mess to sort out.

It's time for Charlie to retire.

I'll rest my case
    Those in a place to decide what to broadcast do a pretty good job as far as I see it .
    It is their place to supply the most tense of moments in the competition with the conversations that are relevant , to give us a look in to the emotions involved .

All the drivers and teams know this to be the case , and thus , should behave accordingly .

I feel we would have lost context completely if we were not to have had the moment shared at the time and , instead , long after the fact , had the news that Vettel had been swearing at Charlie , so was perhaps to be sanctioned as a result .

It's the passion from inside the car it presents , alongside the commentary , that I enjoy .
    I think they do a great job .

Now , Charlie has a little explaining to do of his own .
    He let Vettel onto the podium due to a move that had Max on the same trajectory as Lewis while there was still investigation going on over the issue with Ricciardo , who should have been on the podium in the end .

Technically , Max should have been on the podium , I think , and facing questions about it , and things would normally be sorted later .

But , somehow , swearing loudly and often gets you action , and a podium to stand on , even if only briefly .