Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mexico 2016

Liked 385 Times in 191 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    I'm not in a position to judge anyone's kinks, but I find it surprising that two blond Germans have already got feminine (well, sort of) nicknames in this forum.
    The one I refeered to won the race. Got away 150m after turn 3 just by cutting and was never even investigated. Being Ham just forgives everything it seems

2. Likes: N4D13 (30th October 2016)
    Liked 209 Times in 165 Posts
    Awesome ending to the race, hilarious. Wheel-to-wheel battling with emotions going high and a funny podium "waiting"!

Vettel is one crazy guy, when he is angry, but it adds spice to F1. Well, at least people can't complain drivers are boring and we don't have characters in F1.

And Kimi was "moved behind" Vettel, because Seb had better race pace, and had opportunity to compete against Red Bulls. Simples. Just like RBR asked Ricciardo to move over for Verstappen earlier in the race, when Max looked like could threaten Rosberg.

On reflection and looking at replays Verstappen's cutting and Hamilton's cutting at the start of the race seemed very similar, so perhaps they should have both got penalties...

Max-Boy himself of course... Always tries out the limits of rules. This time he didn't get away with it, but it doesn't prevent him from trying!

By the way, in case anyone noticed - great race by Ericsson! This despite getting crashed out at the start of the race!

People complain here on the forums, but - rather enjoy or if you don't enjoy, let's fight! Just like racers on race-track!
    Last edited by jens; 30th October 2016 at 22:06.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by steveaki13 View Post
    Why shouldnt Max take the penalty and try and help Ricciardo. Makes sense to me.
    There are rules - that's why - rules are for everyone ..
    Two real racers: Vettel the :champion: of 2010, 2011 and 2012 - Kimi the :champion: of 2007

Cheer up, people! Why can't people enjoy historic moments of racing and always complain? Some of you are no better than Vettel himself - always sulky. Pot kettle black, lol.

https://streamable.com/ciz8

And well, I can't see a penalty for Vettel here like some are complaining. Pretty straightforward lines. If there is a jinx, it is absolutely miniscule.

Which means some people (here) are pretty much acting like Vettel then - get carried away in the heat of action and start shouting.

As for Max' penalty. In fact I wouldn't have minded if he DIDN'T get a penalty and stood on the podium. At least the rules should be clarified or the track layout changed. Or both he AND Lewis should have got a penalty.

Ok, good night then. Wish you some nice nightmares of racing.

Liked 1,082 Times in 604 Posts
    This is why I am happy Mexico is back. two races, both interesting. Better than a lot of other new "tracks"!

Max made a dumb move and paid the price. There were a few dumb moves that could have cost people time.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

8. Likes: Mia 01 (31st October 2016)
    Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by COD View Post
    The one I refeered to won the race. Got away 150m after turn 3 just by cutting and was never even investigated. Being Ham just forgives everything it seems
    All right, I assumed you meant Rosberg after the turn 1 clash with Max. Still I see little point in calling drivers names.

And as for the "Hamilton isn't investigated, but Verstappen got a penalty" argument, I think that's actually really consistent with what we've seen from stewards for the last races or even seasons. Most of the time, if you overtake outside of track limits, you are given a penalty or ordered to give the place back, but apparently stewards aren't giving any penalties to cases where it's the defending driver who gets an advantage, such as Rosberg also cutting turns 1 & 2. It's not necessarily fair or clean, but it certainly is consistent.
    Last edited by N4D13; 30th October 2016 at 22:40.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Well I thought that was a very enjoyable race. P1 and P2 were never in doubt but there were plenty of good battles throughout the field. Some of the interviews after the race were also entertaining

Hulkenberg almost drove a really great race, he was never going to be able to hold off the Ferraris, but just blotted his copybook a little with the spin.

Kimi gets a curious strategy again... a lot of the field did around 50 laps on the mediums, Palmer did effectively the entire race on one set, yet Kimi needed to get rid of his after about 23 laps or something. Hmmm.

If anything deserved a penalty today, it was Vettel's "message to Charlie."

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    And as for the "Hamilton isn't investigated, but Verstappen got a penalty" argument, I think that's actually really consistent with what we've seen from stewards for the last races or even seasons. Most of the time, if you overtake outside of track limits, you are given a penalty or ordered to give the place back, but apparently stewards aren't giving any penalties to cases where it's the defending driver who gets an advantage, such as Rosberg also cutting turns 1 & 2. It's not necessarily fair or clean, but it certainly is consistent.
    There does tend to be a certain amount of extra leeway allowed on lap 1 as well.

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens View Post

On reflection and looking at replays Verstappen's cutting and Hamilton's cutting at the start of the race seemed very similar, so perhaps they should have both got penalties...

Max-Boy himself of course... Always tries out the limits of rules. This time he didn't get away with it, but it doesn't prevent him from trying!
    Clearly the stewards make allowances for the first lap dash to the first corner. Any other time Hamilton would have got a penalty. Hence why Verstapenn was unlucky with his trip to the green track. It was hilarious though to hear Vettel's frustration with the situation. Just goes to show how much the podium meant to Ferrari and Vettel.

It was all great F1 drama and simply priceless. I hope Vettel doesn't get anymore than a gentle warning about his language in open radio. As a four time world champion, he is expected of a higher standard of conduct. But when times are hard as it is for Ferrari at the moment, it is hard to hold down the emotions, hence, it would be great if this is taken into consideration.

Rosberg sort of was lucky to maintain second place. He clearly did not have the pace today. I think, if Vettel had not join the party at the front, Verstapenn would have got second place. The squabbling between the fiesty dutch and the four times world champion was just what Rosberg needed.

I was disappointed that Ferrari compromised Raikonenn's race with a poor strategy. Just shows the subtle ways that teams orchestrate the outcome of their driver positions.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 30th October 2016 at 23:26.