Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Mexico 2016

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    First Ferrai screwed Kimi with the second ptistop, used mediums, what!!! He didn´t need to pit in the first Place.

Second, Max, after disobeying all rules and the team he backs Seb into Daniel and laughs all the way to the checkerflag. A deserved race ban that is. It´s in the cards.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    The situation was not complicated. Vettel verbally abused an official over the radio. Contributing factors have nothing to do with it. What you're saying is just smoke and mirrors. Contributing circumstance don't matter. We can all make excuses for what we do, it's something is human beings are great at doing but in the end it boils down to one thing, his verbal abuse of an official. What caused this behaviour is irrelevant. You would have never heard Schumacher abuse an official like that and, might I add, I doubt you'd have heard Hamilton, Alonso, Button, Rosberg, Ricciardio or Max do it either.

Alonso might get chirpy over the radio but hurl abuse at the Stewards he would never do. I'm not a fan of Charlie, I think someone else could do a much better job, but he still deserves respect as it's still a very difficult job he must do.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 31st October 2016 at 14:57.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    It seemed unclear if there was any directive from race control to have Max give back the position .
    There was mention , also , during the broadcast , that , if Max would have been required to give back the position , he would have had 3 laps in which to do it .

So , backing Seb into Daniel was just a racing tactic .

I've seen split-screen of the 2 offs for Lewis and Max , and they are almost identical , which makes it hard to understand why one was and one wasn't penalized .
    Other than keeping the title fight alive , it doesn't look like there's another upside to it .

Max was lucky as well to not cop another penalty for pushing Nico off .

Sebastian whined his way onto the podium with a blue rant directly at the race director , only to have it taken away from him after further investigation , and thus , deserves to apologize for his childish antics to all and sundry .
    At this point , the little boy needs a swear jar , where each foul word gets him a five-place demotion .
    And , he does need some sanction for his words at Charlie . You should not be allowed to do that , ever .

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    It seemed unclear if there was any directive from race control to have Max give back the position .
    There was mention , also , during the broadcast , that , if Max would have been required to give back the position , he would have had 3 laps in which to do it .

So , backing Seb into Daniel was just a racing tactic .

I've seen split-screen of the 2 offs for Lewis and Max , and they are almost identical , which makes it hard to understand why one was and one wasn't penalized .
    Other than keeping the title fight alive , it doesn't look like there's another upside to it .

Max was lucky as well to not cop another penalty for pushing Nico off .

Sebastian whined his way onto the podium with a blue rant directly at the race director , only to have it taken away from him after further investigation , and thus , deserves to apologize for his childish antics to all and sundry .
    At this point , the little boy needs a swear jar , where each foul word gets him a five-place demotion .
    And , he does need some sanction for his words at Charlie . You should not be allowed to do that , ever .
    I agree 100% with everything you said except that as with other sports would be I think a race ban should be in order.

Unfortunately there is lack of consistency in the rules. Lewis didn't get penalised at the start and neither did Nico. If Max received one, Lewis should have also. They were very similar incidents.

The Stewards tend to take a more lenient view of the starts than the rest of the race however and this appears to be the only difference between the two incidents that I can see.

Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    You would have never heard Schumacher abuse an official like that and, might I add, I doubt you'd have heard Hamilton, Alonso, Button, Rosberg, Ricciardio or Max do it either.
    Hypothetical as none of us have heard all their team radio sessions. Who I'd blame here are literally the guys behind the selection of team radio. In media there is a term "gatekeepers" and this time the production team filter just failed. How Vettel behaved is purely his own mess to sort out.

It's time for Charlie to retire.

I'll rest my case
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Hypothetical as none of us have heard all their team radio sessions. Who I'd blame here are literally the guys behind the selection of team radio. In media there is a term "gatekeepers" and this time the production team filter just failed. How Vettel behaved is purely his own mess to sort out.

It's time for Charlie to retire.

I'll rest my case
    Those in a place to decide what to broadcast do a pretty good job as far as I see it .
    It is their place to supply the most tense of moments in the competition with the conversations that are relevant , to give us a look in to the emotions involved .

All the drivers and teams know this to be the case , and thus , should behave accordingly .

I feel we would have lost context completely if we were not to have had the moment shared at the time and , instead , long after the fact , had the news that Vettel had been swearing at Charlie , so was perhaps to be sanctioned as a result .

It's the passion from inside the car it presents , alongside the commentary , that I enjoy .
    I think they do a great job .

Now , Charlie has a little explaining to do of his own .
    He let Vettel onto the podium due to a move that had Max on the same trajectory as Lewis while there was still investigation going on over the issue with Ricciardo , who should have been on the podium in the end .

Technically , Max should have been on the podium , I think , and facing questions about it , and things would normally be sorted later .

But , somehow , swearing loudly and often gets you action , and a podium to stand on , even if only briefly .

Liked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    And so ends another race in the Formula 1 Whiner's - uh, Driver's World Championship.
    The secret to winning races: More Throttle, Less Brake.

Liked 186 Times in 146 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    It was clear actually, there was an announcement from race control that the incident would be investigated after the race.

Liked 100 Times in 76 Posts
    Wasn't Max ordered to give the place back by his engineer?

Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    The situation was not complicated. Vettel verbally abused an official over the radio. Contributing factors have nothing to do with it.
    video of vettle can be seen at this link http://www.formula1.com/en/latest/he...ve-podium.html
    warring link contains abusive language
    VERSTAPPEN: ‘If I’d let Sainz past, dad would’ve kicked me in the nuts!’