Page 19 of 70 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: Rally Argentina

Liked 18 Times in 12 Posts
    I have an idea! Why not put up SSSs at all stadiums in country and then let them drive from one to another, that way they only have SSSs and all of them are held at stadiums. Perfect! Or...well, maybe not so very...
    .................................................. ..................................................

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Cool

It´s time for a Beer i think! Now controle by the F.I.A
    :cool: You Can´t Loose What Your Never Had.

Liked 311 Times in 207 Posts

Agree !

Quote Originally Posted by xavier
    The problem was created because they wanted a SSS in Buenos Aires.

Most of us, don't like them, but i think most of us don't mind them either.. But we have now that ridiculous trend of putting the SSS in stadium. That forces the whole rally to move far away from the actual competitive rally location. Athens, last year, was not too far, Wembley was already further, Monaco, this year, was already ridiculously far and this time in Argentina it's just idioticly far!

Sure, the organisation is not responsable for the weather, but they choose to take that risk and now everyone pays for it. the FIA is the one also pushing these SSS so they also have their part in the fiasco [anyway the FIA is always to blame]
    Exactly, not a single real rally-fans care about SSS, so why are they still doing them ? Just ridicolous
    When you're tired of rallying...you're tired of life

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    they are propably going to drive fridays stages on sunday, so that they get enough km, to give full points
    Aja kovaa Pena.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Its turning into a compete joke now!!!!!!!
    I'm a daddy now!!! 2 goorgeous little girls Megan Jessica born 24th August 2009....

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What a complete and utter f**k up ...
    They've been pushing NZ to a single service park and handy SSS which went off like a dream last year and then they (FIA) allow this to go ahead.
    If I was a driver I'd be refusing to drive the SSS, that's just a circus show, not a Rally.
    If I wasn't an optimist I'd be saying DR is attempting to kill WRC by making it impossible to run.
    Glad I didn't stay up all night waiting for something to happen.
    No WRC Radio, No Radar, No Information, No organisation, No F****g good. Some one needs their rear end kicking for this.
    RallyShotz NZ rallyshotz-nz.freehostia.com

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    who should be made liable for 1/3 of the cost of team's costs for doing this event. Millions of pounds wasted.

Blame the organisers, the weather, blame this, blame that... But whoever sanctioned a 600kms for a round trip to a super special needs their head examined. Its a complete waste of resourses. Planes, trains, trucks, ... for what? To see a 1/2 empty football stadium? Talk about saving the planet... its not a very good showcase.

Sitting here is Europe with little or no news, for a World Championship, is little short of pathetic.

Forget about the corporate hospitally, (on at least on 12 of the 16 events in the year). Rallying is not F1. Buy a couple of helicopters, bolt on a couple of cameras, broadcast it live on the net with live splits on screen. Have a couple of roaming reporters doing live interviews at the end of each stage. I would pay €100 for a year for decent coverage, but this is just useless.
    ------------------------------------
    But you can call me Buzz
    email: buzz@pixar.com

Liked 67 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pino
    Exactly, not a single real rally-fans care about SSS, so why are they still doing them ? Just ridicolous

The problem are not the SSS, the problem is a SSS 750km away from the HQ of the rally. Please don't mix the things.

SSS are good to the rallying because they create interest in lot of spectators that usualy don't follow rallying.
    Three gears are enough!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JAM
    SSS are good to the rallying because they create interest in lot of spectators that usually don't follow rallying.
    What about the spectators who actually follow the sport. Those who planned to take in Fridays stages and see some proper rallying? Will they still be interested after this incident?

A SSS is a great idea if it can be accommodated properly. In this instance it was not.
    "We are in the ****, but the championship is long. Mugello will be difficult because of the long straight. But we will fight there with a knife between the teeth!" Valentino Rossi

Liked 101 Times in 36 Posts
    This is really disapointing for everyone. It must be super frustating for the international spectators who made the effort to go to Rally Argentina. I also feel for the privateer drivers who made the expensive trip there. Nothing worse than sitting outside the cinema when you have paid for your ticket to go in.
    I wonder if there will be any financial compensation on entry fees etc.
    Bringing the rally to the masses is one thing, but unfortunately this has really backfired.
    Not much sleep for the organisers this weekend as they will be scrambling in damage control.
    I'd be very surprised if they can run any of Friday's stages on Saturday or Sunday. The logistics of road closure, warning the residents/farmers etc, new timetable, is too big. This organisation takes months to do.
    I guess the report after the rally will blame the weather.
    Real shame.