Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    I wish people could support their favorite drivers without diminishing others.
    I try to.
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

2. Likes: N4D13 (25th October 2016)
    Liked 36 Times in 29 Posts
    He might be driving the fastest car, but he will have beaten Lewis (who many rate as the fastest guy out there at the moment) so no he will not be the least deserving - quite the opposite actually.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan View Post
    Will he be the least deserving champion of all time?

I can't think of another time where a driver has been so clearly inferior and won the championship due to reliability / other factors.
    If Nico was to beat Lewis to the top step in all the remaining races , would you still have the same opinion ?
    Would 3 more wins change your mind ?

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfa Fan View Post

I can't think of another time where a driver has been so clearly inferior and won the championship due to reliability / other factors.

You have no basis to say this. Rosberg has 9 wins against Hamilton's 7 wins so far this year. Yes, Rosberg may have been helped sometimes by Hamilton's bad luck. But there is no way we can deny how many perfect and flawless weekends Nico had this year. Rosberg may not have Hamilton's natural talent, but Nico is a very dedicated and "technical" driver who works his ass off every weekend to deliver the best result he can.

If you want to talk about the least deserving WDC win in the recent times, I think we need to recall 2013. Red Bull had the fastest car by a long shot and continued developing it through the season, while the rest of its competition gave up pretty much mid-summer. Vettel didn't have much competition from within or from outside of the team. Webber often struggled to even win his second place. On the other hand, there is a legitimate competition going on between Hamilton and Rosberg, and I hope it will go on to the final race of the season.

6. Likes: gm99 (27th October 2016),Koz (27th October 2016),Mia 01 (26th October 2016),Tazio (26th October 2016),The Black Knight (26th October 2016)
    Liked 653 Times in 512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    You have no basis to say this. Rosberg has 9 wins against Hamilton's 7 wins so far this year. Yes, Rosberg may have been helped sometimes by Hamilton's bad luck. But there is no way we can deny how many perfect and flawless weekends Nico had this year. Rosberg may not have Hamilton's natural talent, but Nico is a very dedicated and "technical" driver who works his ass off every weekend to deliver the best result he can.

If you want to talk about the least deserving WDC win in the recent times, I think we need to recall 2013. Red Bull had the fastest car by a long shot and continued developing it through the season, while the rest of its competition gave up pretty much mid-summer. Vettel didn't have much competition from within or from outside of the team. Webber often struggled to even win his second place. On the other hand, there is a legitimate competition going on between Hamilton and Rosberg, and I hope it will go on to the final race of the season.
    Well said Zako

Sent from my GT-I9301I using Tapatalk
    I still exist and still find the forum occasionally. Busy busy

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
    His father Keke was sometimes considered the least deserving champion of all time.
    Because many others were considered for the title: Reutemann, Villeneuve, Pironi, Prost, Watson...
    Despite Keke conquered more victories after he was F1 Champion in 1982.

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jens View Post
    To win the WDC, Rosberg has to beat Hamilton in equivalent cars.
    It may have a Merc logo on it, but l don't think we could call those cars equivalent. If one car is running smoothly and the other is dogged with all manner of problems, it is like a boxer having one hand tied to his back and taking on a Heavy weight fight. There is nothing equivalent about that.

That said, Rosberg would be a very deserving Champion considering that he lost a 43 points lead and was 19 points behind at one point but managed to turn it around to a 33 points lead with the help of a DNF and other problem for Hamilton of course. But one still has to cross the line first to win which he did with some quite superb drives actually.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 28th October 2016 at 00:14.

Liked 141 Times in 111 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    It may have a Merc logo on it, but l don't think we could call those cars equivalent. If one car is running smoothly and the other is dogged with all manner of problems, it is like a boxer having one hand tied to his back and taking on a Heavy weight fight. There is nothing equivalent about that.
    Hmm, wasn't aware that Mercedes is making black helicopters too.
    "Old roats am jake mit goats."
    -- Smokey Stover

Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    No. This year he fixed the pressure mistakes and has driven brilliantly.
    Besides, how many starts has Lewis bonked this season?
    Rosberg bonked a few himself. The Merc just has the crappiest launch system on the grid.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    Hmm, wasn't aware that Mercedes is making black helicopters too.
    Sorry buddy, your insinuation not mine. I am just stating the facts. It may be pure bad luck but that is the way it is and l have talked about it.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 28th October 2016 at 00:21.